...To An End

Announcement: Bella's perspective will be displayed in normal format and Rick's perspective will be displayed in Bold

Announcement: Bella's perspective will be displayed in normal format and Rick's perspective will be displayed in Bold. This chapter remains in the third person. 

"RICK!"

His eyes tore open at the voice of the woman he loves so...

His heart pounding against his chest, so fiercely as though it was fighting its way out... so tired, so weary, just needing to rest.

Short rapid breaths began to take over as he attempted to prop himself up on the horse. "Agh—" He bit down on his bottom lip to stifle his agony as he pressed his hand further into his crimson running wound.

"Stay awake- stay awake..."

Daryl and Bella locked up the basement and met Michonne outside, who was surprised to see their weapons remained as clean as when they had entered.

"You didn't do it?" Michonne acknowledged, wondering why.

"Nah," Daryl shook his head subtly, placing his crossbow over his shoulder as he let a sigh escape him. "You any idea where Rick is- there's somethin' I gotta make right—"

"Michonne- Bella-" A panicked, and extremely out of breath, Scott called out as he ran around the corner. "-something's goin' down at camp."

The trio ran up the steps to Scott and began making their way to the front gates of Alexandria.

"What happened?" Michonne questioned.

"There was a fight- the Saviors pulled guns on everyone—"

Bella instantly knew who would have arranged such an act, but her mind soon imploded on itself.

"Wait-" She tore in front of Scott and looked him straight in the eyes. "-the herds. They would've been attracted to the gunfire."

"That's what Shane said—"

"Shane?" Michonne pressed out of fear for her man.

"Shane warned everyone- they should've completely evacuated by now. But it's not just that..." Scott trailed off.

"Then what the hell is it, man?" Daryl pushed.

"It's Rick..." Scott stated, causing Bella's heart to leap into her throat as her eyes widened with horror of what was to come. "...he's leadin' the herd."

"What's your wound..."

His eyes flickered open to rays of sun threatening to blind him, and a figure.

Someone he recognised.

Someone bedded deep within his heart.

"Hey Rick," Hershel smiled brightly at the end of the loft to the barn. "Here, look at this."

The figure guided the formidable leader to the perch of the loft, allowing Rick's mind to cast itself across the golden fields and life-full trees, the farm house, windmill and everything in between. A place of familiarity and hope, until it wasn't.