The Next World

"How does it feel?"

"How does it feel?"

Fingertips tweaking at my breast, as our bodies rocked against each other. Panting for breath, I leant down to his bright blue eyes and slid my mouth along his, clashing teeth and pressing tongues.

"Comfy- as far as these things go." I replied to Ezra, as he repositioned the straps against the side of my stomach.

"Still okay?" He asked.

"Trust me, you've done a great job. It feels fine." I smiled up to him.

"Okay- okay." He took back the Kevlar shield he had made to go around my abdomen.

Every sense was electrified; every feeling heightening as I entangled my fingers into his locks. Rick wrapped his hands around my waist, lifting me up and onto my back, thrusting deeper inside of me.

"You've been busy." I declared, pushing myself off the work bench and making my way to Ezra's side.

"I figured I'd make better use of myself in here than out there." He stated.

I watched him for a moment, intrigued. "You worked as a blacksmith before?"

"My father taught me, then I worked in construction an everything else you already know." He explained.

"No wonder you're so good at this." I praised, looking down to the plans he had in front of him. I noticed a page with drawings of small spear-like bracelets. "What're these?"

"Ah-" He raised a pointed finger, moving to the other side of the room. "Eugene helped me with this. He knows all the right metals an everything, so we've been working together." From the units on the wall, he brought back prototypes of the designs he had created. "Let me." He reached out for my hand and I obliged.

"I see- so, shields for your wrists." I named as he wrapped the strap around my lower arm.

"They're not finished yet, but you see the arrow head part here-" He pointed down to the sheet and then back to the prototype. "-I was thinking of adding two instead of one. Make it more... deadly, I guess."

I stretched out my fingers before raising my arm and examining the design closely. "No- stick with one an if you give it some curvature downwards, it'll make the impact more forceful."

I lifted my hips into him, running my hands along his shoulders and failing to control the moans escaping my tender lips. Arching my back, Rick lowered himself against me, breathing heavily at my ear, "God, you're beautiful." I hummed through the pleasure, as our bodies came together in one wholesome movement.

"Alright." Ezra murmured in response, bringing me back from my daydreams in the process as he jotted down my words to the paper design.

"Okay, well I'm gonna make ways. Rick an Daryl should be back by now." I stated.