take the risk.

Rose Malfoy

I fucked up yesterday. I shouldn't have let him go. I keep on mentally slapping myself.

I had woken up early and cleaned up my room a bit. Throwing the dirty clothes in the hamper and then just picking up trash.

After getting ready, I stretched my arms up with a yawn, picking up my bag and throwing it over my shoulder, and heading to breakfast.

I was going to see Blaise again.

The only thing that I could hope is that things aren't awkward because if they are, then everything is ruined just like he said.

As I walked down the stairs and then through the common room, out to the corridor, I made my way to the great hall.

Walking through the corridors, people looked at me as usual but I just kept on walking.

When I walked into the great hall, my eyes met with Scarlett's and she smiled, waving me over.

Draco and Blaise were in some conversation about Quidditch tryouts while Pansy and Astoria were talking about something else.

"So how was your night?" Scarlett asked as I set my bag down and slid into my spot next to Blaise.

"It was fine" I smiled, clenching my jaw to not talk about it here.

Blaise still hasn't looked at me. But he's in conversation... not ignoring me... right?

"So tonight?" Blaise asked and Draco nodded.

"An hour after dinner," Draco replied.

"Who's captain this year?" I smiled, bringing myself into their conversation.

Blaise took a bite of his pancakes and then mumbled "Draco is"

"You didn't tell me. Congrats Draco" I looked at my brother with a smile.

I felt a poke in my side and looked at Blaise. He was rubbing his finger on his neck and I didn't understand. He rolled his eyes and continued to eat while Draco and Scarlett got into conversation.

"Your neck" Blaise leaned his head down, closer to my ear so that only so could hear.

My eyes then widened at what he meant and I stood up, my hand over my neck. "I- I'll see you guys later. I have to go to Pomfrey for something"

"Okay. See ya" Astoria said and Draco and Pansy waved as Blaise chuckled and Scarlett narrowed her eyes.

I turned and walked out of the great hall and headed back to my dorm.

How could I have missed it? How could I have not seen a hickey? How could I be so blind?

He only nipped me once so I know that it's not that big but since he noticed it then Draco and the others would've.

"Rose" Scarlett's voice came from behind me and I turned with a smile on my face "Pomfrey is that way. Not that way" she pointed in the different directions.

"I know" I took my hand off my neck.

"You're joking!" She pulled me with her to my dorm. "Details"

And so I told her. I told her how I found the book, he kissed me, and I ruined it.

I could easily talk to him about it. Find out why he kissed me, even though I know why already. We're on good terms and I know this because he's not being a complete ass.

"What's holding you back?" My best friend asked me as I opened the common room door and walked in, her following me.

"Draco is. You know this. He wouldn't accept it."

"Just because you like his best friend?"

"That's exactly why."

"Haven't you heard that one saying 'my brother's best friend is the one for me'?" she chuckled as I walked into my bedroom.

"I'm pretty sure it's 'my best friends brother is the one for me' not what you just said"

"It's the same damn thing. Besides, you guys could keep it a secret and then casually bring it up around Draco."

"But secrets are hard for me," I replied.

Sometimes I hate being a Hufflepuff. It's hard to say no to people and it's hard to keep secrets without feeling guilty about them.

"That's what makes it fun. It's the thrill of you guys getting caught. Imagine, coming to the common room as usual but then going back to his room and waking in his arms. I see it" She smirked.

"But-"

"No fucking buts, Rose. You guys are literally made for each other. Literally, I see you guys marrying in the future."

"Where are you getting all these ideas?" I start to cover my neck with concealer.

"Oh, it's just a thought."

"Well, I don't know."

"Are you at least going to talk to him?"

Should I talk to him? Figure out what exactly happened? 

"Maybe." I put my makeup away and motioned for Scarlett to leave "Now let's get to class."

And my best friend sighed with a shake of her head, obviously agitated with me.

Blaise Zabini.

His lips. His eyes. His touch. His stare. His friendship.

Do I really want to risk the friendship? 

I already have, so why the fuck not.