chapter 4

dream woke up by his buzzing alarm. it was almost vibrating the whole apartment. he rubbed his eyes and sat up with a sigh.

as he got up he almost tripped over the piles of clothing and random things on the floor. "what the fuck how did my room get like this" he complained as he struggled to get to the bathroom that was only a few feet from his bed.

as he ran his fingers through his hair, he thought of the boy. he was quite off. dream knew there was something up but he didn't want to budge into something that wasn't his problem. he thought of that as selfish and shook his head.

he wanted george to be okay, but he obviously wasn't. why was he so worried about him?

a text vibrated his pocket and snapped him out of his thoughts.

sapnap: dude wanna go to the mall

it sounded like fun, and he hadn't had a lot of enjoyment lately.

dream: sure, how does 1:45 sound?

sapnap: alr see u there

dream sighed as he looked though his clothes. all of the sudden he didn't have the motivation to go. but he didn't wanna let sapnap down, so he ran his hands down his face and pulled down an outfit from hangers.

he got dressed slowly and walked through his messy room to the kitchen. just another mess to walk into.

no appetite. the clock on the microwave read "1:23 p.m." he walked to the door and grabbed his keys and opened the heavy door and locked it after himself.

it was hot like usual. heading down to his car he noticed something on the stairs. it was a black ring that read "george"

well it was obviously george's. he grabbed it and put it on his finger to keep it from getting lost in his pockets.

he hopped in the humid car and immediately turned on the air conditioning. as he started up the car he looked in his mirror and observed himself. after a minute he rolled down the windows.

it was a beautiful day, almost perfect. reminded him of his mom. he smiled and continued down the road to the mall.

it wasn't too far away from the apartment complex. just a few miles and you're in the parking lot.

the car to a stop and dream stepped out to see sapnap waiting by his car.

he walked over and forced a smile. yea, he loved his best friend a lot. but something had messed dream up. he no longer wanted to see anyone and he didn't want to get out of bed or keep his room
tidy. he was always tired and never wanted to eat.

sapnap was truely worried about dream. he used to never act like this. he used to be the one to ask sapnap to go somewhere all the time. and he could clearly tell there was something way off with him

"hi." dream said. "heyyy! how's it been?" sapnap asked with a smile. "good :)" dream replied. "lies" sapnap thought to himself. "you?" dream asked in return. "i've been good," sapnap smiled.

they walked into the air conditioned space. it felt relieving. but there were tons of people.

dream tightened up and his breath got shorter. he breathed to calm himself. "hey you good?" sapnap asked concerned. dream breathed in. "yea." he smiled lightly. "okay. we can leave if it's too much," sapnap confirmed smiling. "okay." dream replied.

they walked through the open spaces trying to find a store that looked interesting. something caught dreams attention.

george.