chapter 7

george didn't sleep at all that night.

how could he? he was scared. scared of waking up. scared of falling asleep. scared of being on some guys couch that he just met about a week ago.

the feeling of having to wake up and think about what was gonna happen that day didn't seem like something he wanted.

thoughts ran through his head all night like sound waves, staring at the white popcorn ceiling.

the window started to reveal small light from the halfway opened curtains. he sighed, another sleepless night.

he got up and walked to the kitchen looking around the small apartment. he could hear dreams alarm go off shortly after.

george closed his eyes. he was tired. but he couldn't sleep.

dream stepped out of his room. he looked like a mess, rubbing his green eyes, making them red and puffy from the direct contact.

"you're up?" dream asked almost startled. "yea." george mumbled.

dream walked to the kitchen aswell, shuffling through cupboards.

his hand landed on a box of cheerios. he pulled the box out and sighed, reaching for a bowl.

"do you want some?" dream asked turning to george who was carelessly standing there. "n-no thanks." george lightly smiled and turned away.

dreams shrugged his shoulders and grabbed a carton of milk, that was down to the bottom of the jug.

he splashed the milk in after the cereal and tossed it in the trash, missing it. "fuck," the taller man muttered and ran his fingers through his hair.

he grabbed a spoon full of the stale cereal and stuffed it in his mouth, almost gagging from the sudden food entering his body.

he hadn't eaten for awhile. he told himself "he had no time to eat" and would just skip as much meals as possible. he was only lying to himself.

"i don't really do much. it's kinda boring here, sorry," dream apologized as he dumped the cereal down the silver drain.

"it's ok. i don't mind," george shrugged as he sat on the couch, resting his neck on the headboard.

dream shortly followed behind, sitting a bit of. distance from george, not wanting to startle him.

dream cleared his throat, "do you want to talk about last night at all," he looked up at the boy. george just shrugged.

"was it your..boyfriend..?" dream asked raising an eyebrow. george looked back up at dream and gave an empty look.

just as dream was getting up, george shook his head. "yea," george whispered.

george could feel his throat getting dry. "fuck not right now," george thought to himself, noticing that just made it worse as he felt tears threatening at the corners of his eyes.

dream noticed his glassy eyes as george looked away.

"i'm sorry i cry so much, i don't mean to." george mumbled in a cracky voice,

"no it's okay," dream smiled softly, edging closer to george, wrapping his hands around the small boy, letting him dig his head into the crook of his neck.

"i just wanna help, that's all," dream reassured softly. "in order to do that, i need to know what happened okay?" george lifted up a bit from dream neck.

"i found love where is wasn't supposed to be."

"right in front of me."

george started.