chapter 28

george threw on a hoodie after dream left the bathroom.

his thoughts flew as the memories of "parties" flashed through him like a ghost, making him shiver.

dream knocked on the door.

shit was I in here for that long?

george hesited to open the door.

george opened it, revealing dream hovering over him.

"you ready?" dream smiled.

george cleared his throat.

"oh uh," he started.

"yea mhm," he finished his sentence in a mumbly tone making dream give him a weird look.

the two got into the car, shifting around.

dream turned up the radio, as he sped down to the house party.

george let out a pitchy breath before walking in, as anxiety flooded through him from the crowd.

sapnap made his way over to the two, an arm around a guy named karl, a guy they had grown up with, and a drink in the other.

sapnap and dream greeted eachother, as he tried to pull the two into the crowd.

dream looked down at george for approval.

the brunette was playing around with his fingers, dream has noticed he does this when he's nervous or uncomfortable.

george looked up at the blonde with heavy eyes.

"yea one sec sapnap," dream said, making sapnap shrug his shoulders and returned to the bunches of people.

dream guided george off to the side of the party.

"hey, we can go home anytime if you need to. i understand why you would be uncomfortable." dream assured to george.

george hesited, as no words came out.

after a period of time, george spoke up.

"can we go home." he mumbled, looking down.

dream nodded his head.

"lemme go tell sap,"

dream started heading for the crowd, giving george a pit in his stomach.

alone.

george sped up to catch up with dream, grabbing ahold of his hand.

dream startled, looked back at george who was following close behind holding his hand.

his heart softened.

"hey sapnap we're going home,"
dream sighed making george feel bad.

"already? dude you just got here," sapnap said disappointedly.

"yea, george isn't comfortable." dream added.

"it's always "george this" "george that" what the fuck happened dream?"

the blondes eyes widened, along with george's.

"what happened was someone needed my help, and that's what i did." dream replied.

"you need to get your shit together before you go off and help other people. you're a mess for gods sake!"

dream sat in silence, shocked at sapnap's lecture.

"dream. you're in pain and avoiding it by helping others, is not gonna do shit." his tone became softer, and quieter as he held dreams hands holding them medium height.

he mouthed something asking dream to get help.

dreams hands became to tremble, as his lips quivered.

this was the first time he's ever faced reality.

reality.