chapter 42

Dream turned the shower handle, hesitantly getting in.

It felt nice feeling the hot water on his body, it was the first shower he'd had in weeks but it felt like much longer.

Every now and then sapnap would give a light knock on the door making sure Dream was ok especially since he locked the door.

Sapnap knew that it wasn't the smartest of choices letting him lock the door, but he had the key and he felt he needed to give Dream a little trust.

Sapnap didn't want to clean his room to much because he felt it might be an invasion of privacy.

However, when he entered Dream's room he changed his mind.

There were piles of dirty clothes and random things scattered all over.

He could barely see the floor.

He'd started putting clothes in the laundry and in bags.

Then categorizing the other things in piles and eventually putting them where they belonged.

He started taking brief looks in each place where things could be stored putting in the things he'd categorized.

Opening a drawer beside his bed he found some books with some other things.

He noticed two bags under the books.

Taking both bags, he carefully opened the first.

Blades.

"Oh shit" he mumbled to himself not knowing what he should do, 'throw it out? Leave it? No he'd hurt himself again. But what if Dream asks him about it?'

He shut out his thoughts and took into account what would be better for Dream, he threw it in the trash bag.

Sapnap didn't want to fuck up anything but he didn't want Dream to hurt himself.

He continued with what he was doing before, now opening the other bag 'come on it's not like there can be anything worse'

Drugs.

'It's not so bad' Sapnap took a good minute to think about wether to throw it out or not.

He understood it wasn't good for Dream but we all needed something to feel high sometimes...right?

He did it too so why trash it.

'But why keep it' sapnap was really trying to be a good friend in this moment.

He put it back where he'd found it. Would he regret it later on?

He took some things that corresponded to the drawer and forgot about it cleaning the rest of the room. 

It was about 20 minutes later when Dream had came out of the bathroom dressed and clean.

"I sorta cleaned up a bit I hope you don't mind I just-"

Dream chuckled and looked around "no no this is great. Thank you, you didn't have to do this.

Sapnap smiled, he was worried Dream would've been mad, but he was glad to see him happy about it.

"Do you maybe want to go out somewhere?" Sapnap said breaking silence.

Dream shrugged and sat down on the couch.

"you wanna spend the night at my place, we don't have to go out"

"Sure"

Sapnap walked over to the kitchen counter and grabbed his car keys "I'll be waiting in the car"

Dream nodded and grabbed a backpack from his closet and opened a couple of drawers figuring out where everything was as he was packing.

Sapnap didn't want Dream alone for the night, not for a couple of days at least.

He was going to try to stay with Dream for as long as he could.

He wanted Dream to be ok and if that meant babysitting him making sure he isn't doing anything stupid, he was fine with it.

Dream finished packing his belongings and went out of the apartment and into the car.

Sapnap lived relatively far so the car ride was long and quiet.

Another reason why sapnap felt as though he should be staying with Dream.

If something were to happen to Dream, he would feel guilty, he wouldn't be able to sleep at night. The thought scared him.

hey baes 😈 special thanks to the other writer ofc but i'm here to apologize for the long waits, but something else too. uhh i'm extremely embarrassed about the other chapters i had written awhile ago they were so cringy tbh i'm soooo sorry about that but as i was reading i thought they were rlly cute and it would crush me if i decided to go with the bad ending, idk about you guys, but if i did that i'd feel bad. i'm gonna try to be more active 😈😈