chapter 9

the ride home was quite. aside from the car hitting a few small pot holes from time to time.

george watched the bright sun slowly fade into the mountains. he smiled softly.

but life wasn't perfect. it hit him. his "boyfriend"

george immediately pulled out his phone.

"119 missed calls"
"58 messages from "𝖺𝖽𝗋𝗂𝖺𝗇"

george's stomach twisted into knots. he gulped at the notifications.

dream looked over to see why george was breathing so loud. he soon looked down at george's shaking hands that were holding his phone. he saw the look on george's face, realizing what it was.

dreams eyes widened. he felt horrible. how was george feeling about this?

dream hit the gas heading for the apartment complex. he parked in the parking lot, making the wheels screech a bit.

george sloped out of the car as his stomach felt hollow.

walking into the apartment was a reliever for george.

dream looked back at george's phone.

"it was him wasn't it.?" dream mumbled.

george just rubbed his eyes and stood for a minute. dream taking that as a yes.

dream walked to the kitchen and grabbed a plastic cup from the top shelf. he he slid his feet to the fridge to fill it with water, tilting his head to look at george.

he felt water drip down his hands. he laughed at himself realizing he had over filled the cup.

george looked back, giggling and rolling his eyes at dream who was still wheezing. george followed along, laughing like it was contagious.

they calmed down, and dream handed george the cup of water, that had small drips of water from the accident.

the room was silent until patches came hopping in the living room meowing.

she rubbed up on dreams leg, he picked her up and rested her paws on his shoulder.

"hi cutie," dream babied.

"you had a cat this whole time?" george looked at patches in disbelief.

"yes i have, she's usually in my room though," dream giggled and scratched the cats head.

george smiled. he hadn't felt like this in a long time.

dream set down the cat.

"so where do you wanna sleep, the couch is kinda annoying, but i have a king sized bed if you wanna sleep in there if you're comfortable," dream offered while scratching the back of his head.

george nodded in agreement and twiddled his fingers around.

"if it makes you uncomfortable i understand, i don't wanna pressure you,"

"no it's fine, i'd rather sleep in a bed than a couch," george smiled softly.

"okay sounds good. what's the clothes situation? do you want me to drive you to your house and get some stuff?"

george's stomach felt hollow all the sudden. he never wanted to go back in that house. his eyes became glossy.

dream could tell george didn't like the sound of that.

"it's fine you can borrow some of mine, you don't have to go there," dream interrupted softly.

"ok." george mumbled in return. why was he being so nice? george wondered. there was never someone like this in his life. george shrugged it off and yawned.

he stretched his arms out and rubbed his eyes.

dream guided him down the hallway as his fingers traced the walls.

"my room is here, it's a mess i'm
sorry, i've never had time to clean it,"
dream said embarrassedly.

"it's ok. i understand," george replied so dream wouldn't feel bad.

dream shuffled through clothes with his foot, scooting it to the side of the room, heading for his closet.

he threw george a pair of sweatpants and a dark blue t-shirt.

george went to the bathroom and threw the clothes on swiftly.

he headed back for the bedroom.
dream was putting on a shirt.

it fit on his body perfectly. george starred until dream turned away.

he continued to walk through the door and dive into the bed like a starfish making dream giggle.

george rolled to the side of the bed and sat up. he grabbed his phone from the night stand he set it on and saw more messages making his head hit the palm of his hand.

dream sat next to him a bit concerned. he shifted closer leaning to see the phone.

george looked over at him.

he hesitently grabbed his phone, and handed it to dream.