chapter 31

george's stomach dropped at the familiar voice. it made him shiver at the thought of it.

"carter? what the fuck," the brunette muttered into the phone.

"baby—please i miss you so much," carter said into the speaker, rotting george's insides as it tore him apart.

george was speechless. he couldn't believe it, and how? how.

"how did you get my number." he asked sternly, soon regretting it.

"you fucking bitch, just because i'm not with you yet doesn't mean you can treat me like this george. it hurts," he could feel carter's toxic frown through the phone, he could just shrivel up.

george made a approval sound in a reply, as his heart beat of out his chest.

"where are you? i need to come get you." carter said, making the boy's heart beat faster.

"n-no! carter what do you mean? you can't just pick me up. i'm happy." he mumbled.

"happy with who? i've changed goddamnit. you just make the situation worse. maybe if you would just give me a chance." george could hear his shaky voice.

this would be the 6th time i've given you a chance jackass. george thought in his head, with no courage to say it.

maybe carter has changed.

george felt so selfish leaving him like that, to cry. it was his fault carter was crying.

"okay. but just for a little, i'll send you my location," george gave in, with no thought process.

carter hung up the phone.

george's hands shook, as he looked from the keyboard, to dream, who was sleeping peacefully.

he had to go though. he couldn't leave carter like that. maybe dream really didn't care.

george sent the location, hesitating at the send button.

he heard the message go through, as everything made him regret.

all he could think about was dream.

he had to leave a note. he had to.

george shuffled through cabinets of many things, searching for a blank piece of paper.

then he found a notepad, a yellow note pad.

it reminded him of the sticky note he had given him. the yellow sticky note.

george had kept it in his pockets, he searched through his pockets, trying to find the sticky note.

i have no time for this

he thought to himself as he grabbed the pen and wrote down words of sorrow and goodbyes for now, not wanting dream to worry.

he'd be back, right?

george left the paper on the kitchen counter, as the pen dropped to floor and he ran for the door, while he could hear the familiar screech of carter's car.

regret chased him down the stairs.

it was like something was getting ripped as he ran out the door to carter's old car.

it hurt like a bitch to see. the air felt intoxicating.

george stopped at the door as the memories flew in, drowning him.

tears of regret washed his face.

i need dream. where is dream. please help dream. his mind raced as his hand shook, heading for the handle.

the car was tan. a musty tan that haunted him. he hated it.

and that was when it happened.

eye contact. fire contact. burning screams. the feeling of being shoved to the floor kind of screams.

the being edged towards death feeling.

he could feel that night. the night he almost lost his life to this man. the man that was looking directly at him, with his devilish grin.

he hated it. he hated everything about it.

he used to love it so much when they first met.

soon he realized that wasn't a good smile. that was a smile that felt like a stab mentally.

"are you getting in?" carter pushed annoyed, snapping george out of the races of random thoughts.

he nodded his head, kneeling into the small car.

he already missed dreams car.

the driving at night, the singing their hearts out until it was all empty.

the time they stopped just to dance in the field.

dream pulled to the side of the road, noticing george wasn't having it.
he stepped out of the car, giving george a "cmon" look before he shut the door.

"dream what the hell?" he mumbled giggling.

dream pulled him out into the field full of dead bush, and god knows what else.

dream twisted george around, spinning him in a circle.

george knew dream could add a little sparkle into his day that could fix anything.

it was a shield, a shield from everything bad.

then there was his smile. it could never lose to carter's.

his was angelic, and bright. it matched his sand colored hair, his bright emerald eyes.

"you know you're worth more than the world, george. truly."

carter snapped george out of his thoughts as he slammed the breaks.

"oh i'm sorry i didn't mean to,"

carter seemed so nice all the sudden.

like the first time they met. except the praises soon went away after a month.

it turned into drinking every night, and terror to come out of the room.

carter's hands balled into a fist, as the brunette whimpered on the other side of the door begging for him to go away.

george's heart ached at the memories.

he wished he was in dreams grasp.

his lovely touch, it was george's favorite touch if he thought about it.

he missed feeling of the end of dreams hair brush on him as they held each other.

the car ride was awkward.

carter's radio didn't work, whenever he turned it on it would static. it hadn't worked in ages.

soon, his mind trailed to dream again.

how is dream gonna react to the note? what if he feels like i left him like that. what if he hurts so bad he takes it out on himself.

george soon realized he was the reason dream stopped hurting himself.

he was always by his side, they hadn't been separated once the whole time.

fuck i'm so fucking sorry dream.

that was george's last thought before tears made it past his rosy cheeks, which were now pale full with regret.