chapter 12

2 weeks later

patches hopped onto george's lap, startling him a bit. he looked down at the pretty cat, scratching her head.

dream walked out the doorway. "she's probably hungry," dream started, "i can get her something real quick." dream said walking to the kitchen.

george held the cat in his arms, smiling.

dream called for patches, the cat hopped off george and hopped to the kitchen, george following behind.

dream set down the food and faced george.

"it's raining." george said, looking out the window.

"yea, it is." dream replied, "do you like rain?"

george nodded and walked to the window. and sat on the couch.

"you can go out there if you want." dream said, walking back to the kitchen.

"really?" george said. he wasn't used to being able to go do what he wants.

george skipped to the door, shutting it behind him.

dream was cooking eggs for the two. he truly hoped george was getting better. dream didn't know george's past, but it was obviously shit and he could tell.

the blonde finished his cooking, and set down the food on the table.

george slightly opened the door. he was wet and smiling a bit.

george walked to the table,
sitting across from the blonde.

george picked around with his food.

"eatttt itttt" dream slurred sloping in his chair, making george laugh a bit.

george took a bite, making dream throw his fork.

"YEAAAA!" dream yelled, george broke out in a laugh digging his head into his hands.

"you need to tone the food down george, you really need a diet."

"you're not in shape."

"no one will want you if you look like that."

george stopped laughing as the words rang through his head.

"george?" dream asked, pulling george's hands away from his face.

"what happened?" dream asked as he looked at george's shocked face.

"nothing." george snapped out of it. he stood up, and walked to the bedroom.

the brunette grabbed his phone, hands shaking. his fingers slid across the screen to adrian's contact.

he hesited on the unblock button for minutes, until he clicked the button. he could swear his heart beat was beating faster than light.

the messages came through, blowing up his phone.

"he used to make me happy.." he whispered to himself as his fingers pressed buttons on the keyboard.

"hey, i'm sorry"

he pressed send, no thought process through his head.

he could hear his heart beat as the dead silence killed him.

he saw the text bubbles come up, making him practically sweat.

he knew he was gonna regret this. but it wasn't his fault.

"i can't believe you left me like that! am i really that big of a shit bag? will i never be good enough for you??"

the message popped straight through george's mind.

"no. i'm sorry i was scared. you hurt me, adrian."

"don't make this about you. you hurt me you dumb bitch i knew you'd come crawling back,"

this didn't phase george. he was used to that talk. "i deserve this" he thought  to himself as he texted the man back.

"i'm sorry i didn't mean to hurt you." george felt the guilt train slowly hit him.

"george?" dream said in the doorway.

the brunette turned off his phone and immediately hid it in his pocket.

"what the hell happened?" dream asked worriedly walking up to the small boy.

he flinched back and hid himself in his arms like a shield, as dream came closer.

"i'm not gonna hurt you. i would never." dream comfirmed, backing up from george.

he hates you. he wants to hurt you. he's mad

george's vision got blurry, and his stomach flipped.

his arms lowered and he rubbed his eyes.

every moment was built in slow motion, every thought was suffocating.

he's gonna hit you

he's mad

he's disappointed

his thoughts came to a stop as his vision faded into black, drowning in the colorless sight.

dream sprinted towards george holding him in his arms, guiding him onto the bed.

dream let the boy sit on the bed as he held his own head in his palms.

george felt like he was falling in a black void, and as he hit the ground, everything stopped. he passed out, falling back into dreams arms again.

the blonde laid him down on the bed as his phone fell out of his pocket. he finished putting the boy on the mattesss, then picking up his phone to set it on the table.

the phone vibrated about 5 times when he picked up the phone.

he clicked on the screen, realizing the sounds weren't just notifications.

they were messages.