chapter 33

george felt his hands jitter as he walked into the air conditioned house.

the same wallpaper, the same room, the same everything.

george hesitated to walk into such a place, but soon took a step before carter barged in after him.

every painful memory that he thought he could soon forget crawled right back to him, tearing him apart.

dream was top priority, he thought as he pulled out his phone, looking back to make sure carter wasn't there behind him.

his heart raced as he tried to click the power button.

dead.

shit.

screwed.

he jumped as carter slammed the door shut behind him.

george slipped his phone into his pocket quickly and flipped around.

"dont even think about texting your little dream." carter rolled his eyes, setting his jacket on the dusty floor.

it smelt like rotted cigarettes and flooded alcoholic.

the kitchen was filled with dishes and cups of who knows what. he hadn't been here for possibly months.

and it had not changed a bit.

still a few glass pieces from george dropping a cup on the ground, the memory made his stomach flip around.

george felt hollow, like he was floating.

he had made the biggest mistake.

a mistake that he felt as if dream could never forgive.

all he could do was think about his reaction in his head. dream would be okay right?

george remembered when he saw dream at the mall, walking towards him was his warmth.

dream had given george his ring back from leaving it at his house.

later george had ended up giving him the ring and he hasn't taken it off since.

would he now though? or would he miss him too much.

surely he needed a break from him.

"i mean who wouldn't get sick of me"
george thought, looking at his fingers, trying to blink hard enough to stop the tears from falling down his cheeks.

the rosy cheeks dream would never stop teasing him about.

george couldn't handle it. he had to find a charger, he has to still have his old one in his room.

george snuck around the corner, to his room, almost making it until carter had stopped him.

"where are you going?" he asked, pulling him back.

"my room? where does it look like." george snapped back, already annoyed of him.

"would you stop being a jerk. i helped you leave that stupid place. you should be gratef-" george turned around before he could finish his sentence.

"that place was not stupid. you're such a fucking douche bag that you never ever paid attention to how i felt, or how i was because you were too busy thinking about yourself and i don't know about others but i'm done with you're stupid bullshit i wanna go home and i wanna go home now."

carter was built up with anger. no matter how much george tried to fix it in the past, it never worked and it never will.

carter raised his hand and before george could process anything, he was on the ground.

like before.

"you said you changed you lying asshole," george added, rubbing his now red cheek.

"i did, but now you're being the asshole, you deserved it and you know it." carter said giving george one last kick before storming off.

george carefully pulled himself of the ground, wincing from the lack of sight. it was a blur.

george entered his old room. the room that he'd hide in. full of terror and cries.

it was like walking into a time machine. it hurt so bad.

everything was thrown off of shelves, and it was a mess.

the night he left

he shivered at the memory of carter throwing shit of all sort everywhere, and that's when he ran off.

that's where it all started.

the small piece of paper.

the yellow sticky note that had caused his life to flip.

not proof read btw!! sorry i've been a bit distant from publishing, still dealing with a break up rn and i'm trying my best to keep the story detailed 💞