chapter 8

dream approached george slowly, rapping his arms around him.

dream knew he needed a hug. maybe he did himself.

the hug was long and welcoming until dream separated their bodies replacing the warmth with cold air from the air conditioning.

"it's ok," dream whispered making george melt.

what was it about dream that made him feel warm inside?

he shook it off and sloped in the couch with a sigh.

"i hope you don't mind me staying here," george mumbled looking up at dream.

"i get it. you can stay here as long as you need," dream smiled earning one in return from george.

"maybe we could do something today? like get out of the house" dream giggled.

"yea." george replied simply waiting for dreams idea.

"do you like ice cream?" dream offered.

george just stared blankly shrugging his shoulders.

"cmonnnn' everyone likes ice cream," dream insisted while pulling george up from the cushion. "we're going down town for ice cream," dream said confidently.

george just rolled his eyes and smiled giggling a bit.

dream slipped a hoodie over george surprising him a little bit, but soon got used to the touch.

dream slipped outside in a joyful mood.

"you look happy" george smiled.

it soon hit dream.

the lack of motivation, the thoughts on eating, the "sadness"

dream stopped skipping around, just lightly smiling at george in response.

dream practically dragged himself to the car, sloping into the seat.

"you okay?" george asked a bit concerned.

"yea of course," dream forced a smile slowly drowning inside.

they pulled up to the parking lot.

dreams hands were shaking after he pulled them off the steering wheel.

what the fuck was wrong with him.

dream snapped out of it and pulled himself out of the car taking a deep breath.

he walked over to george, heading for the shop. they arrived at the short black doors, pulling them open.

the store smelt of cream and fresh air.

they looked through the glass at the beaming sight of color.

"what are you getting?" dream asked looking over at george.

"vanilla." he mumbled.

they got to the counter.

"hello welcome, what can we get started for you guys?"

dream cleared his thought, "strawberry, small please," he smiled at the lady.

he looked over at george. he looked nervous and was tapping his foot, along with playing with his fingers.

dream coughed up, "and a vanilla,
small," he helped.

"cool, can i get a name?" "dream" he replied walking to a seat along with george.

after a short time, dream was being called. he almost jumped from his seat.

dream walked to the counter grabbing both cups. he handed george the vanilla ice cream and a plastic spoon.

george just looked at it. he sat and played with the spoon. soon, dream caught on. "take a biteeee i promise it's not poison," dream persuaded.

george just smiled a bit and stopped.

"here," dream said grabbing george's spoon and scooping some of the ice cream on it.

he put it to george's lips. he wrapped his mouth barely around it and licked it off. they laughed a bit.

"did that help at all?" dream asked still giggling.

"yesss" george laughed as they both grabbed their spoons and ate the ice cream little by little.

dream finished it first and threw it in the trash from his seat, making it.

he immediately looked at george, "DID  YOU SEE THAT," dream smiled wildly as george shook his head yes and laughing at dreams excitement.

george finished his, failing to make it in the trash. he looked down fake crying.

dream laughed and ran to george's cup and picked it up, tossing it in the trash.

"looookkkk you made it" dream giggled a bit making george looked back up and shook his head.

they walked back out to the car in the scortching hot weather.

george stretched his arms out and yawned as he sat in the car, leaning his head against the hot car door.

he smiled at the memories they made today.

his eyes fluttered shut and soon fell into deep sleep.

dream looked over at george noticing his eyes shut.

dream smiled at the sight and sighed.
he had made a best friend. someone he'll never forget.

dream repeated the moment in his head.

he had never felt like for the longest time, he thought to himself as he smiled at his memory.

maybe having george there wasn't that bad, not even close to bad. it was great.

dream sat back into his seat as he drove over the small bumps of the city letting out a sigh.

"happy."
he thought to himself.

i'm sorry it's short. :/