chapter 5

george was leaning against the wall by a tallish man. dream just guessed it was his boyfriend. it was quite obvious.

"yooo dude. you in there?" sapnap questioned. dream snapped out of it. "yea i just see one of my friends i met at a party. i have his ring, he left it at my apartment," dream said. "what were you guys doing that made him have to take his ring off," sapnap laughed making dream roll his eyes.

he started walking towards george and the man. "george!" dream greeted. george sank. he knew adrian wasn't gonna be happy about this.

"oh. hi dream." george replied nervously. "you left your ring at my house, so i'll guess i'll return it here," dream smiled handing george the ring.

"t-thank you," george gulped as dream waved goodbye and walked off.

he turned to adrian, who was clearly pissed off. george just looked back at his phone.

not even a second later, adrian grabbed george's chin to face him. "i fucking know if you slut, how could you leave your ring at someone's house if you weren't doing something more than sleeping," adrian lectured in a low voice, so others couldn't hear.

but dream looked back slightly and saw what was happening. but he didn't wanna budge in. he felt bad but he couldn't. he really couldn't.

george would call him if something was wrong, right?

dream turned around and walked back to sapnap who was on his phone.

they continued to walk through the crowed areas until they found a food court. "i'm hungry, idk bout you but i'm gonna get something," sapnap said while laughing. "i'm not hungry." dream said quietly.

"when was the last time you ate?" sapnap asked turning back a round, facing dream.

his stomach dropped. he didn't want to lie, but he didn't want sapnap to worry about him. "i don't know, don't worry about it man," dream forced a small smile.

"okay.." sapnap replied suspiciously.

sapnap stopped at panda express while dream sat at one of the open tables with crumbs on it, like usual.

he starred off into space until sapnap returned with his food. it took forever, but he finished and threw it all away.

dream felt sick. the thought of food made him want to puke.

he rubbed his eyes and kept going through stores with sapnap.

it was about 6:45 pm when they finished. "it's getting late. i needa get home and feed patches." dream smiled. "yea i think i'll head home too." sapnap replied.

dream got into his car and let out a deep breath. he pulled down the mirror and looked at his baggy eyes and sighed.

he turned on the em car making a engine noise and pulled out of the parking lot.

at a stop light, he grabbed a cigarette out of his pocket and lit it up. he inhaled the intoxicating air, filling his lungs with nicotine, and exhaled the foggy air and he pulled up to the apparments.

with a long yawn he slumped out of his car and quickly got into the apartment.

as soon as he arrived his grabbed patches dinner and set it on the counter for it.

he ran his fingers through this fluffy , dirty blonde hair. walking into his room made him sink.

it was miserable in there, but he slumped onto the bed and fell asleep.

the sound of ringtone startled dream. he reached for his pockets and read the contact.

it was a random number, he answered, "hello?" dream mumbled half asleep. "h-help," the muffled voice let out.

"george?"