Two

Jai'lani Amor Higgins

Homewood IL

May 18,2018

"Let go of my bear" Jai'lani heard her foster siblings screams roar through the house just like every morning "No it's my bear Noah" One of her foster sisters whined

Having enough of their screaming Jai'lani got out bed walking to the door. She opened it peeking her head out seeing the kids fighting in the hallway

"Noah let go of her bear and Lucia stop all that damn whining. It's too damn early for ya'll to be acting like this" She yelled shaking her head.

Hearing them stop she walked back in her room closing the door. Thinking she was going to be able to get a bit more of sleep she laid right back down in her bed.

"Who took my fucking charger" Another one of her foster siblings  screamed proving her wrong

"I swear I need to get out of here" She screamed throwing the covers off her body "It's always the same shit" She shook her head walking out her room making her way downstairs. Walking into the kitchen she found her foster mom preparing everyone's lunches for the day.

"Can you please do something about all this screaming? I have to pull a double at work and I can't get any sleep cause everyone's running around screaming" She told her mom just as two of the kids ran into the kitchen screaming before running out.

"If ya'll don't stop all that damn running" Her mother yelled causing everyone to sit still "I'm trying. I overslept so now I'm over here rushing trying to get everything situated" Her mom told her as she put the last of the sandwich into the bag "Give me like 10 minutes and we out of here okay? I made you two lunches they in the fridge" She pointed to the fridge as she started cleaning up the mess she made "Kids come get yo lunches" She called out and soon all the kids walked in grabbing their lunches before walking out.

"Thank you" Jai'lani smiled walking around the counter kissing her on the cheek before walking out the kitchen heading back to her room

Walking into her room she caught one of her other foster siblings going through her belongings

"You better drop whatever the fuck you got and get the fuck out" She warned causing her foster sister Diamond to drop everything she had running out. Jai'lani shook her head closing and locking her door.

She walked over grabbing the clothes the girl had dropped putting them back in their place.

"I really need to move out of here" She shook her head walking to her bed laying back down staring at the ceiling. She took a deep breath exhaling closing her eyes

Jai'lani entered the Foster Care system after both her parents were arrested on multiple drug and trafficking charges when she was 8. They raided her house taking her parents to prison and her to CPS where they tried to get a hold of her family but unfortunately they weren't lucky which caused her to get sent into the system. 

Foster Care was a tough experience for her because that's where she started to realize how cold and evil a lot of these people were. She saw the worst of the worst which is when her fight or die instincts kicked in. At a young age she learned how to turn her feelings and emotions off to protect herself from being hurt by anybody. Her first instinct was to protect her heart and feelings at all cause. That helped her deal with some of the toughest of the toughest Foster parents.

She became a demon that couldn't be tamed. She didn't care who it was. If she felt threaten then she was going to make sure she hurt the other person before they had a chance to hurt her. She didn't know what love was or how to feel safe and secure in a loving household felt like. That was until she came into the home she's currently living in.