Six

NOT EDITED

Symere Cross Blevins

Chicago IL

June 26th,2018

It was a rainy Tuesday afternoon as Symere sat in his parked car watching the rain hit his windshield. He had the day off so he decided to pay someone close to his heart a visit but once he reached his destination his nerves and anger seemed to get the best of him and were trying to convince him that this was a bad idea.

Shaking the bad thoughts out of his head he turned his car off taking the keys out of the ignition opening the door. Getting out he quickly got out the car jogging towards the door locking his car in the process. Reaching the door he hesitated before finally knocking.

"Gianna pick these toys up"Symere heard a voice yell through the door before it opened

"Symere. What are you doing here?" Symere's brother's ex girlfriend Eva asked shocked to see Symere standing in front of her.

"Came to see my niece or am I not allowed?"Symere questioned checking her out from head to toe trying to get a read on her. He knew she wasn't too happy about him being here.

"You know damn well I told you to stay away from us"Eva said through gritted teeth looking back making sure Gianna didn't come into view.

Chuckling Symere shook his head knowing this is exactly what was going to happen.

"Eva I'm not here to play no games with you. Either you let me see my niece or I do some that I might or might not regret. You choose"Symere shrugged letting Eva know he wasn't playing with her this time.

Eva stood there for a minute not knowing what to do. She knew how badly this could end if she refused. Finally giving in she moved out the way letting Symere in. Symere smirked at her look of defeat.

"Where she at?"Symere looked around seeing that the house looked the exact same as the last time he was here besides the kid toys that were laying on the floor.

"Gianna come here baby"Eva yelled for her daughter rolling her eyes at the fact that this was even happening. She thought she made it clear to Symere's family that they weren't allowed to see her ever again.

Symere heard little foot steps before seeing his niece Gianna appear in the door way

"Uncle"His niece Gianna squealed once she noticed Symere standing by the doorway. She quickly ran towards Symere who opened his arms taking her into a tight hug. Shocking Symere because he really didn't think she would remember who he was. " I missed you"Gianna told her uncle hugging his neck tighter making the smile on Symere's face grow bigger as he returned the hug.

"I missed you too lil bit"Symere laughed pulling away staring at her. "You've been good?" He raised an eyebrow

"Yes! Right mommy?"Gianna smiled turning to face her mom for reassurance that she's been well behaved.

"Yes you've been really good"Eva smiled at her daughter reassuring her

"See"Gianna turned her attention back to Symere

"Good! You getting big on me man"Symere shook his head not believing how big she had gotten "How old are you?" He asked her

"I'm 4!" Gianna smiled proudly holding up her 4 fingers.

"Gianna baby why don't you go to your room for a minute while mommy talks to your uncle?" Eva told her sending her away so she could figure out why he was really here.