Thirty Nine

Not Edited

Jai'lani Amour Higgins

University Park IL

January 22nd,2019

Jai'lani began gathering her belongings as the end of her last class of the day came to an end. Zipping her bookbag up she placed it on her desk as she sent Symere a quick message asking him if he was outside already. Since the police had her truck held hostage until their investigation was done Jai'lani had to go back to depending on rides from people.

"And that's it for today ladies and gentlemen! Hope you enjoy the rest of the day and I will see you all again Thursday!"Jai'lani's professor dismissed the classroom "And do not forget to sign up for the internship"

Jai'lani waited until most of the class was out before getting up from her seat.Throwing her bag over her shoulder she made her way to the front so she could sign up for her internship.

Reaching her teacher's desk she looked at the name of the few hospitals. Jai'lani was excited to have the opportunity to actually get to work in her field. Although she didn't really know which hospital to pick from she decided to pick the one that's closer to her house. Signing her name she gave her teacher a smile exiting the classroom.

Taking her phone out her pocket she seen that Symere had responded to her message letting her know that he was pulling up. Texting back an "Okay" She slid her phone back into her pocket making her way towards the exit.

Jai'lani was exhausted and just wanted to go home and sleep the rest of the day away but sadly she couldn't. Walking out the doors she spotted Symere sitting on his car texting someone.

"Probably some hoe"Jai'lani rolled her eyes approaching him "Who you texting?"She questioned once she was close enough for him to hear her

"Quise and Los."Symere locked his phone putting it away smiling at Jai'lani "We're going to slide through the youth center later on"He pulled Jai'lani towards him placing a kiss on her lips "What's wrong?"Symere could sense that something was wrong

"Just tired and irritated"Jai'lani shrugged kissing him back before walking over to the passenger side

Symere frowned but decided not to say anything else until they were in the car. He didn't want these strangers in his business. Jogging over he opened Jai'lani's door before she had the chance to. Once he made sure that she was in all the way he closed the door walking over to the drivers side. Getting in he quickly pulled off

"So you going to tell me what's wrong?"Symere questioned "Or you going to continue with yo little lie?"

"I already told you what's wrong"Jai'lani felt herself wanting to cry "I'm tired. I want to go home and lay in my bed and sleep"

Symere was about to slide his hand over when his phone began ringing. Without thinking he answered the phone

"Wassup?"Symere answered the phone only to realize that it was Amelia who was the one calling him.

"Hey baby! I miss you. You've been ignoring me"Amelia pouted hoping that Symere would slide through.Amelia didn't like the fact that Symere hadn't contacted her in over a month and the fact that she heard he was expecting a child pissed her off even more.

"Man fuck I tell yo ass about that baby shit! And I've been busy"Symere shrugged "You know how busy a nigga can get"

"Come over so I can show you how much I miss you"

"Let me handle some shit and I'll hit you up"Symere told her hanging up the phone tossing it in the cupholder.

Hearing her voice Jai'lani rolled her eyes getting even more annoyed than she already was. And the fact that Symere had basically agreed to meet up with her made it even worst.