Fifty Eight

NOT EDITED

Jai'lani Amour Higgins

Nashville Tennesse

March 21st,2023

Jai'lani stood at the door watching her father load her luggage into her truck. After almost a week of being in Tennesse her mini vacation had came to an end which. Smiling Jai'lani watched her dad making his way back towards the door "Thank you father"She gave him a hug "I'm going to miss you"

Jai'lani was sadden at the thought of having to leave her family behind once again.

Returning the hug her father kissed the top of her head "I'm going to miss you more baby girl"He tighten the hug "But I need you to take care of yourself! Don't be out here stressing you or my grandbaby out"He said making Jai'lani chuckle

Once Jai'lani saw that the test were positive she quickly told her mom about her situation. Of course her mother wasted no time in getting her to the doctor who not only confirmed the pregnancy but also notified her that she was 4 months along.

Nodding her head Jai'lani kissed his cheek "I promise I'm going to take good care of us! I love you"She took a deep breath trying not to get emotional at the thought of being pregnant so far from her family.

Smiling her father pulled Jai'lani into another hug "I love you more than life princess!"He pulled away looking at Jai'lani "Remember that you're always welcomed to move in with us if you ever feel the need. The room is yours"He reminded her

Jai'lani pouted feeling tears forming "Why can't you guys just move back to Illinois? That way I can move back in"

Her father chuckled loving the fact that Jai'lani still loved being at home with them "If only our jobs would allow it But when your contract for Chicago is up then you can look for a job out here"He suggested

Jai'lani sighed wishing it were that easy. But no matter how wonderful that idea was to her she now had to think about her baby and Symere. Since she was carrying his child she had to think about him as well.

Noticing Jai'lani's sudden saddness her father grabbed her hand "Come on let me make you a sundae before you hit the road"He offered causing a smile to appear on her face

Jai'lani's mother and siblings all had to return to work today which left her to spend some alone time with her father like she used to when she was younger.

Walking into the kitchen Jai'lani made her way towards the table as her father gathered everything he needed to make the sundaes.

Playing with her fingers Jai'lani sighed "Dad would you be mad if mom was pregnant and she didn't tell you right away? Or at all?"

Stopping what he was doing her dad turned towards her raising his eyebrow "Hell yeah I would be mad. Why you ask?"He set the stuff down walking over to the table"You having doubts about telling Symere?"He questioned taking a seat across from her

Jai'lani sighed flipping her hair "Honestly yeah I am"She nodded her head "But it's not because I want to keep it from him or anything. It's just that I don't want him to go through that heartbreak again if I miscarry again. So I'll tell him once the baby is here you know"

Her father understood his daughter worries and it was understandable when you've been through what she's been through "Honey I know you're scared but that doesn't mean you should go through this journey alone" He smiled at her "Answer me this. Do you love Symere?"

Jai'lani nodded her head "I love him so fucking much that it hurts"She wiped the tears that were now falling down her cheeks "I don't think I've ever felt this way about a man but sometimes I have doubts about him loving me back"She admitted "I mean we don't even say it to each other. I think our whole time knowing each other we only said it like twice and that's when we were fighting"