Twenty Seven

Not edited

Jai'lani Amour Higgins

Burbank Il

November 10th,2018

It was a chilly Saturday night as Jai'lani and a few of her friends walked inside of "Los Magueyes" a Mexican restaurant in Burbank. Her friends had came home from college for the weekend and dragged Jai'lani out for some drinks so they could catch up.

"Man one thing I don't miss about Illinois is this fucking weather"Jai'lani's friend Keya spoke rubbing her hands together. Going to school in California really had her accustomed to the warm weather. "Like why the fuck is it this cold?"

"Once you take a few shots you won't even feel the cold"Their other friend Armani laughed taking her coat off hanging it on the back of her chair.

"Man that's all I'm looking forward to"Keya laughed as well taking her seat grabbing her menu "I'm salty Bianca's ass had to work"

"I know I miss my bitch"Jai'lani pouted opening up her menu "But we can go out with her tomorrow "She scanned through the menu seeing what she wanted to drink "Should we start off with some shots?"Jai'lani suggested

"Let's do Patron"Keya agreed as she looked through the drink section seeing all they had to offer just as their waitress approached the table

"Good evening ladies can I start you guys off with anything?"The waitress asked taking out her notepad and pen "Our Margaritas are half price tonight"

"Half price? Shit let me get a Mango Monster Margarita then"Keya ordered before going over to the food section to see what platter she would be ordering

"Make that two and I'll take the skirt steak with crab legs and a side of shrimp please"Jai'lani closed her menu handing it over since she was finished ordering "Oh and a water please"

"Sure thing"The waitress smiled taking the menu from Jai'lani turning her attention to the rest of the girls taking their orders.

Jai'lani wasn't really in the mood to be out and about but knew that she couldn't pass up the opportunity to hang out and catch up with her girls. Once the waitress took everyone's orders the girls went back to their conversations

"Wait so why didn't Nova come out with us tonight? I feel like I haven't seen her in years"Armani asked wondering why Nova declined their invite for girl's night.

"Because she don't fuck with me or Bianca  no more"Jai'lani shrugged taking a sip of the water that was placed in front of her.

"What? Why?"Keya asked not believing it

"Because  B and I beat her cousin Toya's ass   but I don't care because Nova knew not to bring that girl around nobody and she still did so that's what she gets"

"Ya'll jumped Toya?"Armani asked shocked because she didn't think Jai'lani and Bianca were the jumping type.

"Ain't body jumping that girl. She tried to fight me at  my crib so I decked her shit. Then she showed up to B's work and tried to bitch her there and got her ass handed to her"Jai'lani wasn't going to mention about the incident that happened three weeks ago at Symere's house because she didn't feel like it was important.

"Some seriously wrong with that girl. I've been wanting to drag her for the way she used to treat Nova when we were younger"Armani shook her head wishing she would've dragged Toya when she had the chance.

"I ain't worried about none of them"Jai'lani shrugged just as the round of shots and drinks they had ordered arrived

"Toast to bigger things"Keya held the shot up followed by the others as they cheered before throwing the shot back