Sixty

Not edited!

Jarod  Taylor 

Chicago IL 

April 22nd ,2024

Jarod chuckled as he got out of his truck seeing a pissed off Nisha standing at the door "Damn Nisha how many times do I have to apologize"He asked approaching her 

Nisha rolled her eyes "Nigga you were suppose to be gone 3 months! Not damn near 4 years!"She hit his chest once he was in arms reach "You lucky I fuck with you heavy or else this shit would've gone down hill"She said referring to his night club 

Jarod rubbed the area where she had hit him at "Damn girl yo ass heavy handed like a mother fucker"He joked "But shit got complicated while I was out there"

Nisha walked into the building with Jarod right behind her "Well you better get to explaining because this shit was way above my pay"Nisha knew she would be helping Jarod with his Illegal activities but never imagined to be taking over for him 

Jarod lead her to his office opening the door "Now you know I'm going to compensate you for everything you've done for me" He walked towards the safe he had in his office "How much is in the safe?" 

Taking a seat Nisha looked over at the safe trying to remember the exact amount "I want to say about 300K" 

Nodding his head Jarod grabbed the stacks of money walking over to the desk "Here"He passed the money to Nisha "I really appreciate everything you've done for me! It was never my intention to get you this wrapped up in my life style but shit went left while I was in Jamaica"

Nisha frowned noticing the change in tone in Jarod's voice "Okay wassup cause you looking like some serious happen" 

Jarod sighed leaning back in his seat "They killed Keem man"He shook his head referring to his older brother "He set up a meeting with some king pin out there and shit got heated and before I knew it Keem was laid out in front of me" 

Nisha gasped quickly getting up walking around the desk hugging Jarod. She knew how close Keem and Jarod were so she couldn't imagine his pain "When?"

Jarod just sat there in Nisha's embrace not really knowing how to react to it "I ain't even going to lie it happen last year" 

Nisha pulled away smacking the back of Jarod's head "A year Jarod? Are you fucking with me? Why the fuck didn't you say anything! All the fucking phone calls we had and you forgot to mention that Keem ain't here no more?" 

"I was living in denial Nisha!"Jarod admitted standing up "I ain't want that shit to be real! I still fucking don't! After they killed him we went crazy and barely made it out alive" 

Nisha shook her head not believing what she was hearing. Jarod and Keem were like brothers to her. They took her in when her mother kicked her out after finding out she was lesbian. Always looked out for her and protected her from any and everybody. She seen how much Jarod looked up to Keem. 

Nisha stood up running her hand through her hair "How's your mom taking everything?"She couldn't imagine the pain of losing her oldest 

Jarod shrugged "Guess how any mother would be after losing a child. Had to tell her everything that happened and now she's worried about me" 

Nisha couldn't help fear for Jarod's safety as well. Everyone knew that the Jamaican's didn't play when disrespected "So what are you going to do?" 

Jarod took a seat at his desk "Ain't none else to do"He shrugged "What's done is done. I'm going to live life like ain't shit happen. I'm going to focus on keeping the clubs I got here in the United States going and then I'll think about going international again down the road"