Eighteen

NOT EDITED 

Jai'lani Amour Higgins

Homewood IL

September 12th,2018

Jai'lani sat on her porch enjoying the nice weather since she had a few hours to kill before she had to get ready. Summer was coming to an end in a few days so she wanted enjoy the warm weather while she still could. She smiled as she saw all the children of the neighborhood playing and enjoying their time. Times like these is when she missed having foster children living in the house with her. She missed playing ball or riding bikes with them. They made her feel young since she didn't have the best childhood growing up.

As she watched the children play she seen a car speeding down the street. Once the car was a few houses down she noticed that it was Symere's car. Confused she stood up dusting her butt off making sure no dirt was on her.

"What the hell he doing over here?"Jai'lani asked herself as he pulled into her driveway. She checked her phone making sure she didn't miss any calls or texts from him saying he was coming over but saw none which was weird to her because he never really showed up unannounced.

Symere parked his car contemplating his next move. His mind was spinning with all different types of scenarios about Jai'lani and his cousin and neither sat right with him. He tried to calm himself down but nothing he tried was working. Not even the blunt he smoked on his way here.

Jai'lani stood there watching Symere who wasn't moving and since he had dark tints she couldn't tell that he was staring right back at her. Finally letting the curiosity get the best of her she walked over to the car.

When she reached the drivers side Symere rolled his window down. Jai'lani could tell he was mad and wondered what happened because he was good when they talked a while ago.

"Get in"Symere said in a low tone motioning her to get into the passenger seat

"Symere I can't go anywhere with you right now. I told you I had plans"Jai'lani crossed her arms because she knew he was doing this so that she wouldn't go out to the club tonight

"I don't give a fuck about what you got going on folks. Get yo ass in the car"Symere said with anger evident in his voice which caught Jai'lani off guard.

"What's wrong with you bro?"Jai'lani wasn't liking his tone one bit

"I'm not going to say it again Jai'lani! Get yo ass in the fucking car"Symere said again. This time a little louder not even looking at her.

Giving in Jai'lani huffed making her way over to the passenger's side getting in closing the door. Without another word Symere pulled out the driveway speeding back down the street.

"You're going to tell me what the fuck is wrong with you?"Jai'lani turned her body so she could face him but Symere stayed quiet

Symere wanted to spazz back at her place but stopped himself because there was too many people around and many of them were white. The last thing he wanted was white people in his business.

"So you not going to say none?"Jai'lani asked but still didn't get a response which was now pissing her off. She looked around seeing that they were headed towards Symere's house.

Jai'lani wanted to speak again but decided  against it. Instead she pulled out her phone texting Bianca letting her know what was going on. She tried to think if she did anything wrong to make him mad but she couldn't think of anything.

After a few more minutes they pulled into Symere's driveway parking the car. Symere turned the car off getting out closing his door before heading inside leaving Jai'lani in the car