Twenty Nine

NOT EDITED

Jai'lani Amour Higgins

Homewood IL

November 15th,2018

It was Thursday night as Jai'lani paced back and forth in her room with her mind racing. It's been almost a week since she got the news that she was expecting and she honestly didn't know what to do. One part of her didn't want the baby because she felt like she wasn't ready for that type of responsibility. Another part of her was excited to bring this blessing in the world.

"Knock knock"Bianca knocked on the door as she opened it snapping Jai'lani out of her thoughts. "You good?"

"Close and lock the door"Jai'lani told her as she took a seat on the chair she had in her room. she didn't want nobody to walk in and hear their conversation because as of right now only Bianca knew about her pregnancy.

"Wassup Jai? Why you seem so upset?"Bianca took a seat on her bed waiting to hear what was going through her best friend's head.

"I don't know what to B. Part of me wants to have this baby"She placed her hands on her belly smiling as a tear ran down her face "But the other part just can't accept this. And I know it sounds selfish but I got soo much I still want to do before I actually want to have kids. I want to be married"

"Jai you aren't selfish for wanting to live your life. You're still young so it's obvious you want to live your life. But just because you have a child doesn't mean that your life has to end. You'll just have a plus one" Bianca said causing Jai'lani to chuckle a bit as she shook her head. "If you really don't want to go through with this then don't. But I think you should tell Symere before you actually do anything"

After finding how far along she was and her due date Jai'lani automatically knew that Symere was the father. Which was another reason why she wasn't so sure about keeping the baby.

"I know I need to tell him but man that's just an argument that I don't want to have. I already know he's not going to believe it's his because of Jarod." Jai'lani already knew that it was going to be hell broke loose once she tells Symere.

"Aye if he wanna say fuck you and the baby after you tell him then so be it"Bianca shrugged "Then you can make the decision you want"

"Speaking of the devil"Jai'lani rolled her eyes as a phone call from Symere popped up on her phone. She had been finding every excuse not to see him until she got her mind straight but Symere wasn't making it easy.

"Talk to him. Depending on how the conversation goes we can figure out the rest"Bianca walked over to her giving her a  hug "I love you Jai. And we gonna get through this together"

"I love you too B. Thank you"Jai'lani hugged her back pulling away watching her walk out the room. Taking a deep breath she returned Symere's call.She didn't know why she felt so scared to tell him.