He was the reason

Prompt: Tommy cares for the discs?
Takes place in the prison after the duel between tommy and Tubbo vs dream.

Say your goodbye, Tommy.
Dream said to the blonde.

No, he's not gonna die....he can't die...
Tommy said quietly. His voice filled with fear and sadness.

It's okay Tommy, you'll be okay.
Tubbo laid a hand on Tommy's shoulder.

But what am I without you, tubs?
Tommy asked the brown haired boy.

Yourself.
Tubbo replied sadly. It sounded cold but it was the truth. And it hurt Tommy.

Times up.
Dream spoke after a few moments of silence and pulles out a sword.

Goodbye Tommy.
Tubbo spoke, looking at Tommy with sad eyes, tears almost spilling out from his eyes.

Goodbye, Tubbo.

Tommy looked away while Dream stabs his best friend.

C'mon tommy, let's go to your cell.
Dream said to the blonde boy as he pulls out the sword he impaled Tubbo.

No. I won't do it.
Tommy spoke back, his voice shaking.

Tommy, follow me before I burn your discs. I know you care for it.
Dream threatened him.

Tommy glanced at his best friend's corpse in the cold obsidian, bleeding and rotting in there.
Before Tommy can speak, They both heard the swirl sound only the nether portal being used can make.

Both of them turned around to see Punz with full netherite armor with a netherite sword.

Sorry Dream, you should have paid me more.
Punz spoke up as he emerges from the portal and points his sword at dream as he held his shield.

And suddenly everyone came through the portal, showing their selves to the green masked man.

Y-you guys came...!
Tommy said in an amazed tone, he didn't expect them, who hated his guts to be here with him right now.

With no hesitation, Tommy made ran for it and sprinted to them, Dream tried to grab his arm but Sapnap blocked him from doing so.

Stay away from him, you green bastard.
Sapnap spoke venom to him.

Fine then, tommy. I'll burn your discs th---
The green masked man was cut off by the boy.

Then burn those stupid things! I NEVER GAVE SHIT TO THOSE THINGS!
Tommy shouted in anger, he didn't care if his throat hurt from how much he yelled.

TUBBO WAS THE REASON I KEPT THOSE STUPID THINGS! HE LIKED IT SO I KEPT IT. I. PRETENDED. I CARED FOR THOSE THINGS.

THOSE DISCS. LOST. THEIR WORTH. THE MOMENT YOU, KILLED HIM.
Tommy spoke coldly as tears ran down his cheeks, unable to control his emotions anymore.

Everyone was shocked to see him so mad at him. They all thought he cared for those discs. Even Philza did, his own father. He never made an attachment to the things, he cared for the person who enjoyed hearing the sound. And now his dead. The happy, bee loving boy was dead.

Tommy wanted to kill him immediately but Sam stopped him and suggested to put him in the prison, to which he agreed.

Fast forward to 3 days.

Tubbo's funeral.

His grave was made in front the bench where he and Tommy used to hang out all the time. Where he listens to the discs while talking to his best friend.

Everyone had gave the blonde boy some space after the funeral, now it was just him and his friend.

Y-you idiot.
Tommy said while trying to keep tears from his eyes.

You promised that you will never leave me, Tubs.
Tommy missed him. He missed his bee loving friend so much. He missed teasing him. He missed talking to him.

He was the reason why he cared for those discs is the first place.