Haunting in the prison

Prompt: What if Tommy never got revived?takes place after Dream beat Tommy to death.

_____________________

He stared at the corpse. The corpse of a 16 year old. A child who he beated to death.

Just laying there, bleeding. It was rotting right in front of him. With his eyes widened while it was bleeding on the head.

Dream set at the other side of the corpse with his bloody hands on his  mask and he took it off. He felt so much of one feeling.

                            Guilt.

He not only manipulated a 16 year old kid, he abused and killed him. The kid didn't even had anyone with him when he died.

Not his friends, allies or even his family. It was just him and the person who murdered him. He made the kid believed that no one cared for him. His best friend had replaced him and the only living relatives hate him. The person who said who would protect him didn't protect him. Two of the people he thought were the nicest people to him even tried to kill him.

And Dream knew that the eggpire would be happy about his death. Atleast he can be with the brother who actually cared about him.

Right?

Well the real one is but the other one isn't.

A sudden voice cut the masked boy.

Dream! Its so nice to meet you, big man!

Dream looked up and saw the boy whom he killed but he was different. He looked transparent and his head was bleeding.

Tommy.... I'm so sorry... I-

What do you mean?
The ghost tilted his head in confusion.
You're my best friend ever!
The ghost exclaimed.

Dream's eyes widened and it hit him. He was just like Wilbur, he doesn't remember the bad memories.

Dream, remember my ex- best friend replaced me? When my family disowned me for the same boy right? And everyone betrayed me?
The ghost told him.

Tommy can only remember the bad things about other but not him? What?

And you were the only person who was with me during my exile! You would tell me that it was gonna be okay!
Tommy kept talking.

Dream's eyes filled with tears. The time where he was exiled at was for an answer. If the other will disobey what he said to not visit him. It was to prove if they actually care for the boy.

Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you!

What is it, buddy?
Dream questioned while rubbing his eyes.

That girl named.......what was it?
Oh! Yeah! Midnight! She told me that she could let you out this weird place! But she said that if only you can redeem yourself. What does that mean, Big D?

The masked man was more than shock. Not about her getting him out of the prison, it was that she remembered him. He wanted to redeem himself even more now.

T-tommy?

Yeah?

Can you tell her that I am sorry for blowing it up.

Blew what up big man?

You'll find out toms.

Ok! I got to go now! Bye!
The ghost of the blonde waved at him and he waved back. He then disappeared which left him all alone.