Chapter Twenty Six

Unedited

You and the group went back to your place. You took El into her room with the tv and made sure the others knew not to come in. At the moment, you're sitting on the bed as she attempts to find Billy and the others. It sounds bad, but Billy is your only priority when it comes to this...well, aside from saving the world. Again.

"I found him." El says, pulling off the blindfold.

"Thank God!" You stand up as she does the same, giving her a hug. "You're the best little sister ever."

Some muffled arguing is heard from outside the room. You and El back away from each other before making your way out.

"What's going on?" El asks, wiping the blood from her nose.

"Nothing. Nothing." Mike obviously wants to get out of this conversation.

"Just a family discussion." Lucas smirks.

"Oh." El says, "I found him."

With that, everyone rushes to sit down as you use your power to move the TV into the living room and plug it in. You switch it to a static channel as you take a seat next to El. She puts on her blindfold and channels her power. Patiently, you wait for her to say something. She breathes rapidly before pulling off her blindfold and wiping her nose with the tissues.

"What's he doing now?" Max questions.

"He's sitting in his room." El answers as she stands up and makes her way into the kitchen for a glass of water.

"And that's not normal, right?" Nancy asks as you turn your body around to face her.

"Billy staying in his room on the Fourth of July? No, that's not normal." Max answers, "He would be out with Zee on a night like this."

"He wants us to find him." Will says.

"Just great." You let out a breath.

"Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of." Nancy states. "If we go to Billy, then the rest of the flayed know where we are."

"It's a trap, I agree. We'll be ambushed." Mike adds in.

"We won't be surprised." Lucas argues, "We'll know that they're coming, and we'll kick their flayed butts."

"You mean Zee and El will kick their butts." Max states, shutting down Lucas' argument.

"It's too risky." Mike says.

"Yeah, and unnecessary." Nancy continues.

"Killing the flayed won't stop the Mind Flayer," you speak up quietly.

"Exactly," Nancy agrees, "We have to find out where it's spreading from. We have to find the source."

"Billy knows it." El speaks up from the kitchen, turning everyone's attention to her. "Billy's been there. To the source." She continues as she walks into the living room.

"Yeah, but—" El cuts Mike off.

"It's a trap. I know." She calmly says, "We can't go to Billy, but I think there's another way." She looks down at you in your criss-cross form which causes everyone else to look at you as well.

You look around at the group, shaking your head. "No way! Last time he kicked me out!"

"Zee, you have to try!" Max exclaims.

You swallow hard. "The memory power thing is different than my other abilities. I haven't mastered it yet so it's harder."

"If we do it together, we can do it." El assures you as she sits by your side.