Chapter Twenty One

You and the kids are standing in Dustin's house. The plan was to make him think that you all forgot about his return, but that is certainly not the case. You're so excited to see Dustin again! It's been a whole month and you miss him like crazy! Too bad Steve isn't here though, he misses the kid too. Maybe after you and the kids surprise Dustin, you'll take him to see Steve.

     "Guys, they're here!" Lucas whisper-shouts as he backs away from the window.

     You all rush to you hiding places, meaning Dustin's mother's room because she's in on it too and told you all to hide there. Leaving the door open a crack, you kneel and keep watch out of it. Dustin opens the front door to the house, letting out a large huff of air before he storms to his room.

     You glance back at the others, a smirk on your lips, "Let's go," you whisper before slowly opening the door.

     The kids trail behind you as you make it to the wall the separates the living room and kitchen. You glance down at El, giving her a nod. She nods back as she closes her eyes and focuses her power on a certain toy in Dustin's room. Just then, you hear a distorted robotic whirring coming from Dustin's room followed by the sound of R2-D2 and cymbals clashing together. You can already tell Dustin is shitting himself. El adds in a few more toys to the ruckus, one of them being a train.

     You decided to let El take this one since she needs more practice with her powers than you do. She's doing pretty well so far. You've been training her a lot more lately. The sound of the toys gets louder as El draws them closer to the living room.

     "It's just a dream," you hear Dustin say to himself, "you're dreaming."

     You peak around the corner, not too far as to get caught, but enough to see him. He's holding a can of...hairspray? Does he still have that Farrah Fawcett spray from the Snowball Dance? What a goober. He passes by you and into the living room.

     "Now!" Mike whispers, turning his head towards El.

     She does as she's told and halts the toys, opening her eyes in the process. The noise from the inanimate objects cease. You look back at the kids, nudging your head to the right, signaling them that it's clear. You go first followed by Max, Lucas, Will, Mike, and El. As quietly as possible, you tiptoe behind the perplexed Dustin. Lucas moves ahead of you, holding the homemade sign in front of him. Dustin is sitting there, staring at his little robot toy in one hand and the spray in the other. You all bring the small party horns to your lips. Max gives a silent count off with her fingers. When she reaches three, you all blow on the little horns, which causes Dustin to jerk his body around and scream as he sprays the hairspray in Lucas's eyes, making him scream as well.

     Using your power, you pull the spray from Dustin's hand before he blinds Lucas. When the kid finally realizes that he's safe, he beams brightly. You're the first one to move, opening your arms to the kid.

     "Give me some suga'!" You say, doing a British accent for some reason.

     Dustin wraps his arms around you, giving you a tight squeeze, "I thought you guys forgot about me."

   You push him away gently, "Us? Forget about you?" You question with a chuckle.

     "Guys, my eyes are really burning," Lucas states, dropping the poster and rubbing his eyes.

     You all turn your attention towards Lucas. He's rubbing his eyes super hard as the hairspray drips down his face and onto his tank top. You place a hand on Lucas's shoulder and turn his body towards you. For a moment, you scan his face, pulling his hands away when he tries to rub his eyes.