Chapter Nineteen

Unedited

June 15th, 1985

Today is your and Billy's six month anniversary. It's crazy to believe that six months ago is when Billy asked you to be his girlfriend. You've never been so happy for such a long time. And now, you even have a new job!

There's a new place called Star Court that's supposed to open soon. It's a huge mall with almost everything in it. You and Steve decided to get a job together at the place. You both are going to work at a place called Scoops Ahoy!

Since the beginning of the summer, Billy has been working as a lifeguard at Hawkins pool. Sometimes, you volunteer to be a lifeguard as well, which makes many of the girls and mothers there mad. They all know you're dating Billy, and yet they still try to flirt with him.

It's especially weird to see Mrs. Wheeler make googly eyes at you boyfriend with her friends, but then again almost everyone does. It doesn't make the situation better at all. You don't like the way they perk up and put on makeup just for your boyfriend when he walks out of the locker room.

Anyway, you graduated high school after breaking into Hawkins Lab to get your "report cards" and other things. They brought in a real teacher to help you learn, which was probably stupid. But after you took the papers to the school, you may have used your powers to have them input your "school history".

You've been accepted into many colleges, but you're not sure if you want to go yet. It costs a lot of money, which you don't have. Also, you're not sure if Billy is going to college at the moment, and you don't want to leave him behind.

  So, at the moment, you're at a carnival with Billy. You're not sure what he told his father in order to let him go, but you sort of wish you did. It's so tiring having to hide your relationship with Billy from Susan, Max's mother and Neil. You just wish his father wasn't such an asshole. You'd love to have a nice dinner with his family, but you know that won't happen. At least not until Billy moves out.

"Hey, you okay?" Billy questions as he wraps his arm around you, bringing you out of your thoughts.

"Yeah," You nod. "I'm just thinking."

"About?" He asks as you both brush past a group of friends.

  "Uh, nothing. Just thinking about what ride would be the most dangerous." You fib as your eyes find a group of girls as they stare at Billy with smiles on their faces. It's so annoying when you can't even go out in public with Billy because of how good looking he is. It always attracts attention, not that it's his fault.

  "Are you scared of the rides?" He chuckles a bit as you stop not too far from the girls who are basically drooling over him.

You shake your head. "I'm not scared of anything." You say as you place your hand on his shoulders.

"Everyone is scared of something, Sweetheart." He speaks as he looks to his right, where the girls are staring at him. You glance over for a second. They're so pretty. Way prettier than you. With a sigh, you look down at your shoes. "Just like I think one of your fears might be losing me to someone else." His words cause you to look up at him.

You don't say anything, just bite your lip. "Well, that might be the only thing..."

He chuckles as he leans in, a smile on his lips. "Those girls have nothin' on you, babe." His words ghost over your lips. You must have made your jealousy clear on accident. "You're so much more beautiful than them, and way smarter, and I'm gonna bet a better person in general." He butters you up.