8. Confession

Her eyes squint as if capturing my whole body in a detailed scenery . I shift my figure from that of bent figure to look at her even though my heart is pounding in my feet.She takes diminutive steps towards me in the lonely space . I am finally coming to this conclusion that her face is looking ethereal in the soft dusk. Lights flickers on her face making her features look extraordinarily beautiful.

She parts her lips and exhales a small breath before licking her lips . I can't fathom what is happening with me as my mind is flooded with her figure and the way she is looking at me is threatening my guard. As much as I hate to admit, my body is finally coming to the conclusion to touch her .

"I-I am okay . Why are you here ? " , I don't look at her because I know my face is flushed crimson . She doesn't say anything but I can sense her trying to find a lie in my words by observing me so I straighten my back and slowly flash a look at her .

" I told you , I was out to buy noddles . Are you going home ? Let's go together ",She nods and goes further leaving me behind . I run swiftly to catch steps with her as I know there is no use of retaliation .

We let the awkward silence linger between us for a while before I decide to break the ice by asking which has been troubling me .

" Can I ask you something ? " I almost whisper but manage to voice . She pulls her sweater down and fixes the sleeves . " Why not babyboy , you know you can ask my anything ."The word still leaves a unnerving effect on me , no matter how many times I have heard it , both from her and the annoying noises in my head .

"By any chance . . . does your brother know me ?"

She knits her eyebrows at me , holding the polythene bag more firmly now . "I don't know . . . .I mean you just moved here right ?"She looks at me , feeling the need to satisfy me with her answer."Hmm..."I don't drag it further but something in my mind tells me I've heard his brother's name before .I fear to discover something which can make me tie with Y/n or her family .

I walk with my eyes on the path but out of the corners I can see her hands trembling and her face turning pale . This is instant and shocking but I wait for her to say something ." Why do you despise me so much ? " I flinch at her sudden voice which is almost like a soft , whiny whisper .

"Because you are always troubling me with those dumb tricks to entertain yourself and . . . there is no reason as to why I should talk like normal friends with you ." I spit all my bitter rage out and refuse to suffocate my chest.Her sparkly eyes now show me fear and astonishment , she shuts her eyes and opens them for a few time but doesn't pause to keep walking while I do the same ." I don't . " Her face blazes with emotions . " I don't play tricks . I really like you and there's no doubt in that . "My feet stop at the cracked pavement and my body gets numb .

I didn't speculate my body to lose all courage at her words . Overwhelmed , I grip the clothing in my pocket with hand . I am finally coming to the conclusion that she has really admitted her feelings towards me and I am supposed to give her an answer .

I rub my fingers over the strap of my backpack and try to avert her attention from my fastened breathing by pulling her into an eye contact . I want to tell her what I feel for her but I don't myself . I want to look at her , be with her and touch her but I am afraid it's just some temporary attraction who I became prone to because I was given attention after a long time . I conceal my face from her by looking down on the concrete road but I know I can't run .

" I don't feel the same y/n but we can be friends . . . . .if you want to be ." I propose this despite knowing that my sentiments will overflow one day and will ruin it all. Alright . Let's be friends . " She smiles weakly but I can see the concerning undertone of her voice which I am not liking .