11. Abstaining from you

" W-Why ? Did something happen ?",I mutter , my mouth is going dry , unable to comprehend his words. I cannot fathom not talking to him or even seeing him , it's something my mind refuses to learn . I look at taehyung for some clear understanding of the situation but he walks across me and places the knife in the sink before putting the vegetables in the boiling water .

" It's just something I can't tell you now. Trust me y/n . . . I am doing this for you , besides you didn't tell me you were close friends with him . " He voices, making me turn back and face him . His words seem absolute nuisance to me , they transmit a deep message to my heart , evoking ache in my chest .

"We - We aren't close friends . " I freeze my gaze at a particular tile on the counter with a blank expression in order to make my lie believable . He shifts in his position and moves closer to me ,facing my side profile . " Then why does it matter ? " ,I see his face irked with worthy lines of fear and annoyance . Did something happen? Does he know something important that I don't ?

I place my hand on his palm , I cannot bear seeing him like this for I know he surely is hiding something and facing it all alone . " Promise me , you will tell me what this is all about if I tell you what he means to me . " I dare to admit the feelings that I possess for Jimin to know the cause of his worry . His head rises to face me and I am able to see his crystals that move warily . He says nothing but leans against the kitchen counter and I do the same .

I roll my lips in an attempt to prepare myself . I've never experienced my body shivering to such an extent as that I am feeling right now . My stomach feels heavy and my head feels dizzy , tired from processing this in a day but I pull in a long breath . " I like him . " My hands fall down from the tight grip of my fist and I feel empty in my heart.

"Don't ....... please don't like him . " , his voice is weak , his brown pupils are now filled with tears making his eyes look like pearls. I feel my heart beating slowly , the flow of blood in my body gradually rushing and a heavy feeling in my chest . Tears begin to build up in my eyes , blurring my vision ,threatening me to fall on my cheeks . Why am I being affected so much by the mere thought of maintaining distance from him ? It's now that I realise how much that little boy matters to me . I was falling for him unceasingly with passing days like a celestial body slipping in the deep thrall of black hole . Not only my feelings are unrequited but my brother also wants me to not pursue him . I surely made a mistake today .

I close my eyes to press my eyelids hard against my eyeball to don't let the tears flow through them and make myself look miserable and glance at taehyung who sobs quietly whilst pacing in the kitchen , preparing for the dinner . " Okay . ", his face jolts up at my figure ," I will maintain a distance from him ....but promise me , you will tell me what's wrong with you , soon . " I agree to comply with him since nothing is more important than his happiness for him and I will try to finish my budding feelings for him .

He rushes to me and catches me in a warm embrace , almost straddling me against the counter. His hands surface along my back , caressing my body with his gentle touches . He breaks the hug by placing a peck on my forehead."I will , sweetie . Don't see me as a bad brother , I am sorry but I love you too much that's why I am scared to lose you . " He asserts while cupping my face with his long fingers .

My complete attention darts towards the last words deciphered by my ears. Is he threatened to not let me be near Jimin ? I am going crazy as my mind is overwhelmed by the amount of information that I have received since I have entered this space . I need to get out of this house . I smile warmly at him and hurry to get out of the house after telling him that I'll be going to an ice cream parlour . I have no choice besides lying since I cannot let him suffer more because of me .