21 . Forgetful

Discreetly taking quick steps towards the lounge area , I squint my eyes towards the door shut behind me to check the presence of any authority but resume my walk upon finding no one . The impulse pumping through my body is taking hold of me again as I think about the place he wants to show me . I stare at the glass doors of the hotel that separate us before passing along the reception desk carefully and see him standing near the gate of the building , dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie .

He drops his gaze on me , probably confirmed of my presence by the approaching footsteps and blinks at me , his eyes sparkling with the moonlight . I'm intuitively reminded of the time when we rescued our belongings , my heart pounding at the sweet memory that gives me blissful nostalgia. " You came . " ,he catches the hold of my hand , the warmth radiating between our skins. " You thought I won't come ? " ,I tease him , brushing a chuckle at his excitement as we exit, passing through the gate and setting our feet on the pavement . He looks down on the ground before shrugging like a child . " Maybe , if you were caught by someone . " ,he doesn't rest and plays the game and grips my hand tightly as we cross the road to get on the opposite side of the road .

I do not find any vehicles rushing down on the road lit by towered lights as the only source of light under the night sky , complemented by the moonlight . "The same could've happened with you too . Aren't you afraid ?",I raise an eyebrow at him and he scrutinizes my face before halting his pace , tilting his face. Cold air fleets across our bodies and I inhale the contagious scent of the sea . Abruptly , he leans into my figure and presses a kiss on my lips leaving a big ache in my mouth , wanting for more . "For some reason, I am not afraid when it comes to you. Are you?".

I lick my lips at the sweet taste of him and look at the sincerity that gleams brightly in his eyes . I can't explain the amount of happiness and assurance his words have given me that make me believe in the power of our love and I decide to leave the worries of the future behind me , just for this one day . " I'll never be afraid because I have you . "Upon hearing my words , his grip on my hand tightens and a dazzling curve on his lips catches my attention .

" Come with me , I can't wait for you to see it. God , I've never been so excited . ",He takes my hand as we stride towards our destination which I have no idea about but I don't care because I trust him .

I get the briefest glimpse of tall trees grown in assorted lanes and shrubs at their roots as we walk across various turns on the road . After passing through a brick path , our feet land on a sandy surface and I lift my eyes to see the sight of the endless ocean in front of me . The waves rush against the shore , shimmering with crystals that shine under the light and the smell of salty sea air invades my body . It's so beautiful that I am whisked away to an unknown land of fascination . " Did you like it ? " ,He scratches the back of his neck , nervously before shoving his hands in his trousers .

"I loved it so much........ it's so beautiful.",My answer makes him smile and even in the dark sky , I see his cheeks going red due to my complete attention lingering on him . The air is fresh and crisp and scented with pine . I draw in a breath , beseeched by the beauty of the beach in the starry night . " R-Really? I know it isn't an ideal place to have a date but I got to know there was a beach here and I wanted to see it with you."

I turn to face him , inching closer to him by hooking my arms around his neck , startling him for a millisecond . His hands glide on my waist and his touch caresses my body gently. " So Is this a date ?",I tilt my face to look at him and since I know what excites him, I move closer to press my body against his. He looks at me , all intense and inhales sharply on my neck , there is an attractive calmness on the serene beauty of his face . Licking his lips tentatively , he rolls his tongue over them and catches me in an embrace now . "If you allow it to be."