31 . Heavy Heart

"Stop smiling dude , you look like an idiot.",Sang hoon hisses at me, making me aware of the smile that's swiveling my lips since the moment we stepped outside the store but I fail to control the crazy tingling rushing down my spine as I clutch the cardboard package tightly in my hands . "Shut the fuck up , I am not the only one acting crazy here .",Our gaze drops on the boy who's dumbfounded by my unexpected attack , handling a similiar package .

Jaehyun gives us an emotionless look before bursting into a string of swearing , too pissed to make his voice low in the street . "Why does it always have to end at me ? And you , instead of picking at others , find yourself a girlfriend , loser . We only have a few weeks left in school.Do you wanna go to college without a girlfriend?",He doesn't spare Sang hoon this time , groaning hard in his breath before the other boy besides me moves to take his stand .

"What? What's wrong with going to college without any relationship ? It's so much better than being heartbroken by toxic people who play with your feelings . At Least I'm better than them.",He leaves Jaehyun speechless by the absolute facts that nobody can deny so he doesn't dare to speak again . As the thought of the college bursts in my mind , I think of the time that I will get to spend with y/n once we move to college dorms . It might be crazy but I think I won't leave her for even a second , the excitement that my future brings me has never been the same until I fell for her .

"What about exams? Have you two studied?",I caused both of them to shoot their heads at me with hysterical expressions . It has been really difficult to balance my work schedule and study sessions but I've been doing just enough to get good grades in my academics.

"Shit ! I just realised we have only 4 left and I didn't even know the topics that we've covered .",Sang hoon kicks the stones away from the pavement sharply, expressing his frustration at his own incapability while Jaehyun shakes his head in annoyance . "You know you can talk to Hye Soo and you , I can gi- ",My phone vibrating in my pocket distracts me and I push my hand to retrieve it , my favourite name flashing on the screen putting a smile on my face.

I pull the answer dial to answer it when a feeble voice greets me ."J-Jimin ",I hear my name coming as the weakest whisper I've ever heard , "Come to the Central City Hospital right now....... sh-she's hurt. We tried - We tried but she's....not waking up- ",My heart aches , breaking into a million pieces and I feel my breathing ceasing , my body stiffening as if my soul has been sucked out of me .There is an ocean of silence and I'm drowning in it .

My hands tremble as I find these words unreal to believe but I need to check them again . "T-Taehyung.....Is she y/n?.....",I hold my phone with both hands to have complete access to my ears as my friends gather around me to hold me . For the first time in my life , I hope to hear someone else's name rather than hearing the name of the woman that I love the most . "Yeah.....please come soon. She's- She's inside the ER now.", A cruel sight flashes in my mind which makes my heart desperate to seek denial and my phone shivers in my hands which have turned white . I hate this feeling that's engorging a harsh reality on my skin .

"What happened chim ? What did he say ? ", Both of them tug at my clothes but I feel helpless to answer but the words slip from my mouth , making my heart bitter .

"Y/N - she's in the hospital......she- she is not waking up .", I want to turn back the time and this time to not pick the call that I just answered to escape from the reality that is unfortunate for both of us . I don't glance at their expressions and run towards the nearest bus stand or crossing , my eyes scrutinizing for any taxi or bus but hear footsteps approaching me with the same peace . My breathing is ragged , my throat dry as I check my phone again to make sure that the call was real and my brain hurts in despair . I want to see her as soon as I can , to hold her when she will talk with me to bless my heart with peace that I'm losing with the passing seconds.