Three

“Thank you for inviting me! I really needed this after this morning,” Dani says as we order our drinks. My sister chose this classy club and bar that she frequents with her friends and it’s definitely really nice.

“No problem. I mean, the more the merrier,” Miles said. She also invited her best friend to join us.

We talked about Dani’s interview, and it sounds like she nailed it, but she’s super nervous because the position is highly competitive. We also talk about my upcoming internship next month whilst I’m doing my Masters. And of course, no girl’s night would be complete without boy talk.

The night was going well. I decided to go to the bathroom while everyone else hit the dance floor. I promised to join them when I was finished. After freshening up for a bit, I went back out to search for the rest of my party. Apparently, more people decided to come and it was getting more crowded. I tried to maneuver my way back to my table to wait for everyone else to finish dancing so I didn’t have to get lost in the crowd.

I was almost at my destination when some guy bumps into me and nearly knocks me down. I wait for my bottom to hit the ground, but it never did. I finally register that a pair of strong arms are holding me up and I’m held against the person’s body. I look up to thank the guy, but when I see who it is, I freeze.

“This is the second time you bumped into me this week, literally,” he smirks.

I finally get out of my trance and smirk back at Russ. “Well maybe if you watched where you were going, you wouldn’t end up knocking me off of my feet.”

He chuckles as he sets me down. I thank him and walk back to my table. I sense him following me and I turn and give him a questioning look.

“Just making sure you get back to your table safely,” he clarifies and smiles. “Where is your party? I’m assuming you didn’t come alone?”

“They’re on the dance floor. They should be back any minute now,” I said. “How about you? Did you come alone or are you here to mingle with the ladies?” I tease him.

“Hah, no. I’m here with some friends. They wanted to go out tonight and asked me to join. I just got here and I was looking for them, but instead I bumped into you.” His phone must have vibrated because he reached into his pocket and checked it. “And now they’re looking for me. I’ll go meet them now. See you tomorrow?”

“Ok, tomorrow,” I confirm.

As he walks away and disappears into the crowd, Dani, Miles, and her friend all show up. They asked what took so long and I explain to them that I didn’t want to risk getting lost and I bumped into someone. I give Dani knowing looks and immediately she brightens up and starts looking around.

“Where is he?! Dude, how coincidental is it that you guys meet up tonight before you meet tomorrow? Its fate!” She squeals.

“Girl, chill. He went to meet up with his group of friends. Don’t worry, you’ll meet him tomorrow.”

My sister asks who we’re talking about and Dani fills her in from the beginning. I begin to roll my eyes at Dani’s eagerness at the new possibility of my love life. As she was about to finish, a waiter comes to the table with drinks and gives it to all of us.