One Shot - Surprise!

So this was a result of ultimate boredom... and procrastination on my studies. But I hope you guys enjoy it anyways!

I stand in the kitchen, beating the bowl of eggs for an omelet while I have my best friend on speaker.

"So what are your plans today, birthday girl? Is Kam taking you out?" I tease as I start to heat up the pan.

She scoffs. "I have no idea. You know the guys have practice later today. Maybe later tonight."

I smile. The two have been going on strong for almost two years now. I remember when Kam asked Dani out for a date the first time. It was so sweet! He came up to her after right after a game with a bouquet and asked in front of an entire crowd. I was sitting next to her, grinning until my cheeks hurt.

"So since your evening is occupied, I'm requesting your lunch time so that I can have a chance to celebrate your 26th with you," I say as I add veggies to the omelet. I also start to juice some oranges for some fresh juice.

Dani chuckles. "Okay, you can have lunch. you sound busy girl, how long have you been up?"

I look at my watch, it's almost 8:30. "Oh, since like 7. I needed to get a move on anyways and start breakfast."

My ears are struck with squealing and then laughter upstairs, and my smile is immediate. Dani starts to laugh, knowing she heard the same thing through the phone.

"I'm going to let you go, 'Mommy.' Sounds like someone is up," she bids goodbye then hangs up. She loves calling me "mommy" now since I'm an actual mother. I know she's getting back at all the times I called her 'mom' because of her motherly ways.

I finish plating up the food and bring everything to the table. I listen closely and hear running footsteps above me, heading towards the stairs.

"Come back here, little man!" Russell yells, but I can hear the smile in his voice.

The squeals become louder, and soon enough, I see my little toddler round the corner, running towards me. He has a shirt on, his pull up diaper, but no bottoms.

"Momma!" he runs into my arms, and I catch him, carrying him up to me as I hug him, chuckling at his appearance.

Just then, my husband follows in after, holding our son's bottoms. His smile meets mine as he sees me holding our baby boy. He looks a bit disheveled, probably from wrestling to put clothes on Chase.

"Momma can't save you, Chasey. You will have your pants on no matter what." I laugh as I hold on to Chase as Russell put on his pants. Once that's settled and over with, I walk to the fridge holding Chase around my waist to get his Sippy cup of milk.

"Good morning, Chasey," I kiss his cheek and hand him the Sippy cup.

"Morning, Momma," he wraps one arm around my neck.

Russell walks towards me, smiling. "Good morning, Mommy." He gives me a quick peck before taking Chase out of my arms.

"Good morning, Daddy," I smile back. "So what was with all the running and squealing earlier? I thought I said no running in the house." I use my stern mommy voice, looking at both boys, as we sit around the dining table.

"Well, I went to wake this little one up, and somehow during the night, his pants came of. I was just starting to change him, and it just began," Russell ruffled Chase's head. I can't help the swelling in my heart as I watch father and son sit together eating breakfast. Chase is the spitting image of Russ. He looks nothing like me.

I never thought that at 26, I'd already be happily married, with a child. Crazy how life works. After half an hour, Russell's mom comes in ready to take her grandson for the day.