Twenty-Five

"Can I say again how much I love you?!" Dani shakes my arm in excitement as we sit in first class. I know exactly how she feels at the moment, because I was like that too when I rode in first class for the first time.

I rolled my eyes and giggled at her overexcitement. "Girl, calm. I already know. Save your energy for the game."

So our surprise from Russell and everyone else was to fly us, first class, to Wisconsin for the playoff game. They also booked a hotel for us, and car service so that we could drive around. I had a feeling that we'd be accompanying them to the game, but I didn't expect them to treat us so that all expenses were paid for. The boys left a day before we did, so we'd be meeting them there later.

The flight went smoothly, and I was glad that Dani was back to her usual self. I had to thank the guys for helping me comfort her and getting her back on her feet after her break up.

When we arrived at the airport and grabbed our luggage, we spotted someone holding up a sign with both my last name and Dani's last name. He looked like an older man, about in his fifties, wearing a driver's suit.

We both walked up to the man, looking at him expectantly but offering a small smile.

"Miss Cordova and Miss Hernandez?" he waited for our confirmation.

"That's us. And you are?" I asked him.

"Just call me David. I'm here to escort you ladies anywhere you please these weekend, compliments of Mr. Chancellor and Mr. Wilson."

Dani and I smile at each other, then follow David to our awaiting ride. Thank goodness it wasn't a limo, because I didn't want to attract attention. David led us to a simple black Mercedes. He put our luggage in the trunk and then opened the door for us to get in. We couldn't get the ridiculous smiles off our faces.

When we arrived at the hotel, David gave us his number so that we are able to contact him when we needed a lift. He was off for the rest of the day, so we said our goodbyes. When we checked in, we were given keys to a suite. The room was big and spacious, and we also had a good view.

After choosing what beds we wanted, we plopped down, just lying there. A long flight can take its toll on the body, especially after waking up so early in the morning.

"So, what do you want to do now?" Dani asked me from her bed.

"Let's just lay here and relax for a bit? This bed is literally enveloping my body," I feel my whole body go lax and my mind start to shut down.

"Sounds good. See you in a few hours," Dani responds back, tiredly. It's late in the afternoon, but it's not too late for a nap.

I think not even an hour later, knocks from our door disrupt our quiet nap. I hear mumbling outside the door, but I'm still so drained to go get it.

"Dani," I say her name loud enough for her to hear. "Dani!"

"Hmm..." she responds back, muffled by her pillow.

"Get the door," I tell her tiredly. I bring the blanket over my head and try to pass out. "Please," I add, when I don't hear her move.

The knocking comes again and then I hear Dani scrambled out of bed. "Bitch. I was comfortable." I felt a pillow tossed at me, but I totally ignored it.

The door opens, then soon shuts afterwards. For some reason, there's no talking, but I hear more than one pair of footsteps.

"Is she really sleeping?" That sounded like Kam. I stay under the covers, not bothering to reveal that I'm sort of awake. I'm still tired.