Happy Birthday!

Surprise one shot as my birthday present to you guys!
Note: This takes place before Mel had baby Chase. Hahaha! That rhymed!

I wake up, turning around to find another comfortable spot. Let me tell you, it's not easy finding a good position to sleep while pregnant.

Squinting my eye open, I see the tree outside my window and the sun brightly shining. Ugh... why the hell are the curtains open? Extending my arm across the king sized bed, the answer dawned on me. Of course, my husband is up and has already started with the day.

I turn once again, laying on my back. As I bring the comforter up to my chin and go back to sleep, the bedroom door opens.

I stay quiet and keep my eyes shut as I listen to Russell walk around our room as quietly as possible. Soon enough, I feel the bed dip beside me. One of his large hands settles on my baby bump and the other caresses my cheek. He places a chaste kiss on my lips then he moves to get more comfortable to talk to my stomach.

"Good morning kiddo! Don't be so fussy so you don't wake up mommy. I can't wait until I finally get to meet you. Whether you will be my handsome little man or my gorgeous little girl, I'm going to love you forever."

Russell has made a habit of talking to our child every morning. He thinks I don't know, but I do. Opening my eyes, I glance down and see him kissing and smiling at my bump. I can't help but smile at the view, so I place my hand on Russell's head, running my fingers through his curly locks.

His eyes find mine and he smiles.

"Look who's awake, kiddo. Mommy seems to find out about our little morning chats."

I chuckle as he kisses my stomach one more time then moves up to me. "Good morning, Daddy."

Russell laughs, then kisses me. "Good morning, Mommy." He looks into my eyes lovingly, brushing any stray away hairs from my face. "Happy birthday beautiful."

"Thank you, handsome. Now help me up. Your child seems to think my bladder is a toy or something, so I need to pee."

As he helps me sit up, Russell pull out one of his shirts from behind him and pulls it over me, covering me up. Wearing his shirts to bed definitely has helped me save on buying maternity sleepwear.

"When you're done baby, breakfast is waiting downstairs," he gives me one last peck and heads down.

Once I'm all straightened out, I head down to the first floor of our house and it smells divine. Turning the corner to the kitchen, I see the breakfast bar all set with cut fruit, crepes, and fresh orange juice. Russell comes towards me, ushering me to take a seat and helping me as well.

"You made crepes?" I take a bite, amazed. They're filled with sliced bananas and nutella, drizzled with strawberry sauce.

"Well you've been saying that you had cravings for them, so I wanted to make them for you. Baby has needs and what baby wants, baby will get." Russ smiles his cute adorable smile. I hope our baby will get his smile.

I chuckle. We eat in peace, and once I finish, my love runs to get my vitamins. He's been so thoughtful and caring throughout this entire pregnancy, always making sure that I'm comfortable and taken care of.

"Plans today, baby?" Russell asks as he cleans up and I sit there watching.

"Not much. I have my checkup appointment today and I'll probably just stop by VMAC and watch you guys practice."

"Are you sure you don't need me to be there? I can show up to practice later."

I shake my head and get off the stool to walk over to him as he finishes up. I wrap my arms around his torso and he returns the gesture, looking down at me.