Sixteen

Well, here's a new chapter that can hold you off for a while. According to a reliable source, I ended the last chapter on a cliffhanger apparently. So let's see what you guys think of this one, shall we? ♡

Tuesday morning comes, and I can’t put to words exactly what I’m feeling. I took the day off today, which I was lucky to get since things started to get busy in the office. My supervisor was nice enough to give me the day, and I think he had a clue that it had to do with Russell since he wished me good luck.

Lying in bed, I get my phone, checking all my notifications on my social media. Word has been going around that I had something big planned for Russell’s birthday today: from a romantic dinner to an out-of-town trip. It somewhat irritates me that people will do anything to get a story or just fabricate something.

When I get on Twitter, I see all the ‘Happy Birthdays’ on Russell’s feed from his fans, family, and friends. It makes me smile to see so many people who admire him and adore him. Since I’ve been associated with Russ, I have to be more careful on what I post on social media now. All my accounts are private and I can only approve who follows or befriends me. I can say though, that I have gained quite a lot of followers on both Instagram and Twitter. I’m still getting used to the fact that so many people favorite or comment on my statuses or photos.

On Twitter, while I’m lying in bed, all I put is: Ecstatic is pretty much the only word that can describe my feeling at the moment ;)

Within seconds, I get retweets and favorites. Getting away from that, I decide to text Russell and wish him a happy birthday. Looking at the time, I see that it’s almost 9, so I get up and decide to have some breakfast. Walking out to the kitchen, I quickly halt at the sight before me.

“Morning short stuff! Breakfast?” Richard is at the stove, flipping pancakes, while Earl is next to him chopping up some fruit. Kam is setting up the table with Dani, who both look up at me and smile.

“Uh, morning? What are you guys doing here?” I sit at the breakfast bar, looking at them in confusion. Dani comes to sit next to me, smiling at the guys.

“I let them in. I woke up, got a call from reception to say that they were here, and they just walked in and started cooking,” she tells me.

“Well, we’re here to finalize ‘the plan’ and make sure that everything goes accordingly,” Kam explains.

“Yep! We’re your connection to the rest of the team. We have eyes and ears on Russ and how the set-up is going,” Earl adds.

The five of us move to the dining table once Richard was done cooking. While I eat, I smile, remembering how a few months ago, I made them breakfast, and now here we are.

“You guys didn’t have to come. I mean, I would have called and have seen you guys later,” I told them while I grabbed some fruit.

“Yea, well, this was Richard’s idea,” Kam pointed.

I looked at Richard, raising an eyebrow.

“What? It’s a big day short stuff. Not just for you, but also for our man Russ. We’ve seen him when he left his ex-wife, and we see him now with you. He’s different, in a good way. We’re glad that you guys met, and now, we couldn’t be any happier. He’s our brother, and since you came along, you became our little sister,” Richard smiled.

“Exactly. And finally, after months of your guys’ dating, you two are going to be official. We’ve seen it coming, we just don’t understand why it wasn’t sooner. Seriously, if you can see through our eyes when we see the both of you, shoot, it’s like you guys were married or something,” Earl laughs, the other two guys joining along in agreement.