Eighteen

I love having red hair! I can't ever see myself in my natural hair color anymore. Thanks Love for dying my hair today! This is for you.

I wake up to the annoying sound of my phone alarm. Half asleep, I reach over to shut it off. Turning onto my back, I bring up my covers up to my face. Inhaling, I notice that this comforter doesn’t smell like mine. Puzzled, I slowly open my eyes, taking in my surroundings. This isn’t my room.

I sit up quickly, a bit disoriented. Damn, head rush. Looking around, I finally remember that I’m at Russell’s place. Looking down to my right, I see that the spot is unoccupied. He most likely went to go work out. Looking at the time, I see that it’s still early and I could get in maybe 15 more minutes of shut eye.

Just as I plop back down on the bed, gathering the comforter around me, I hear the door open. I open one eye, seeing Russell walk in, looking like he just came from a run. He sees me and smiles. I shut my eye again, trying to will back some sleep.

“Oh no you don’t,” I hear him say. Next thing I know, the room seems brighter.

I moan, bringing the covers over my head to keep it dark. I feel the bed dip next to me, and the covers slowly getting pulled down. Opening my eyes, I look up into by boyfriend’s smiling face. I pout. Why did I decide to date a morning person? Oh right. Because I love the guy.

“You know, just because you’re my boyfriend now, doesn’t give you free will to torture me in the mornings,” I tell him.

He chuckles. “And how, pray tell, am I torturing my beautiful girlfriend?”

“By waking her up so early.”

Russell laughs. “It’s not that early Mel. Besides, you need to get up now to get ready. It’s a farther drive from my place to the office building.”

I sigh, then stretch. He has a point. He helps me sit up, so that I’m face to face with him. He smiles, leaning down to place a quick peck on my lips. I smile after, just as he stands.

“You’re disgusting,” I giggle. “I didn’t even brush my teeth, and you’re drenched in sweat.”

“Which is why I’m going to shower.” He takes his shirt off then and there, then turns to walk to the bathroom. I couldn’t help but stare at his retreating figure. He turns back to me, and I force myself to look like I wasn’t caught staring. “Go down and eat some breakfast. There’s coffee already made,” he smiled.

I nod quickly, and he chuckles, closing the door. Well, I feel like an idiot. I think he knew I was staring, but what’s the crime in that? Don’t I have the right to look now as the girlfriend? But then again, that is the first I’ve seen him shirtless, and all I can say is ‘Holy fuck!’ Dating a football player definitely has its perks.

Smiling as I get out of bed and head down to the kitchen, I replay the sight in my head. I am one lucky girl. After pouring myself a cup of coffee, I walk into the living room to watch the news. I then began flipping through channels, deciding to turn it off since nothing caught my eye. Going back to the kitchen, I decided on making a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Once I finish making it and making a new cup of coffee, I walk back upstairs with my food.