Thirty-Five

Just imagine this song playing when the scene comes up ;) I hope you get that same feeling that I got when I wrote it!

4 months later

"Yes!!!" I jump from the chair, flipping my textbook in the process and run to the living room.

I see my boyfriend rush from the kitchen, a bewildered look from my exclamation. I run towards him, jumping directly into his arms, where he catches me just in time.

"Uh, baby?" he chuckles, obviously finding amusement at my condition right now. "What's going on?"

"I just finished my last final exam EVER! This girl is no longer a student! No more exams for me!" I pull back, just feeling so happy at the moment. I even pinch Russell's cheeks then kiss him.

I can see that he's happy for me, but then he brings up something else. "But don't you still have to take the CPA exam?"

I feel my smile slowly drop, then I pout. "Congratulations on doing a good job at killing my mood, Wilson." I hop down from his arms and stalk back to our shared office.

These past few months living with Russell have been the best. It's true when people say that you really don't know a person until you live with them. Russell and I learned so many more things about each other, it's ridiculous. We know how living with each other is like, the other's likes, dislikes, peeves, and quirks. I just didn't think I could love him even more.

We had two housewarming parties: the first was a small, reserved one with just our families, and the second one was with all our friends. Our families got along with each other just fine. My mom and Russell's mom became fast friends, and couldn't stop gushing about us. During the second party with all our friends, that was crazy hectic. A lot of the team was there with their significant others, and then there were my friends from work, and also some like Alexa and Courtney.

Everyone loved our new place. It's not like we didn't have the room to host this many people, but it still blows me away that my house is pretty big. My childhood friends teased me the entire night, but it didn't matter to me. Yes, I was moving fast in this relationship and I did just meet the guy not so long ago, but I felt like I found someone who completed me. Russell brought out the potential that I didn't see in myself, and I didn't have to pretend to be someone I wasn't when he was around.

I had my bitch phases, my needy phases, my independent phases, and so many other phases. He put up with that all, and he's still around. It's hard to find a man that sticks around through all of that.

There was that week that he and the team went to Hawaii to train. I stayed behind since I was working and studying, but I missed him. It wasn't fun being in that big house by myself, even with the dogs. I got Dani to come stay with me to keep me company. Every night, and every chance he got, he'd call me or skype me. Dani made a point that I had it bad. It's like I couldn't function properly without my man.

But living with Russell is the best. He's been so attentive and caring when I was stressed from all the homework I had and when I came home from the office. He'd have meals prepared and ready, he'd surprise me with sweet nothings like flowers or we'd just drive out to get away from things. I also accompanied him to all the events he had to go to. Ever since we've become more public about our relationship, things have gotten a bit crazier. But I've learned to deal since I have him to help me through it. Yes people, I am in a relationship with the quarterback for the Seahawks and I'm not ashamed to admit that I love him to death.

"Baby, I didn't mean to kill your mood," he chuckles, leaning over the office chair watching me sign out of my school account.

I sigh. I can always try to be annoyed with him, but it never lasts long anyways. "I know. I just forgot about the one big exam that I have to take. And honestly, I'm not too worried about it. But, now I have graduation to look forward to, again." I turn in my seat to face him. He kneels in front of me, smiling.