Twelve

Dedicated to all those who are having just a shitty day. So double update! Hopefully this will make your day better, because writing this story at the end of the day makes mine way better. :)

The next few days were crazy. Obviously, it didn’t escape the news that the entire Seahawks team rented out an entire pier for private purposes. Also, there were some pictures taken. I don’t know how they were obtained, but they were, and now they’re viral.

The day after the surprise, people at my internship bombarded me with the typical questions. Are Russell Wilson and I an item now? When did it all start? How did I become so close with our city’s favorite team? It was all overwhelming, but it’s a good thing our supervisor ordered everyone to focus on work and less on gossip. I could tell by the look he gave me that he was trying to help me out, and I totally appreciated it.

When the pictures came out in the papers, my family started to call. Dani barged into my room one morning holding up the paper literally in my face. The picture wasn’t a good quality one, but you could tell the couple holding hands was Russell and I. The calls from my parents were more of warnings to be careful now if I ever go out. They told me that it was expected sooner or later that this pending relationship with someone famous meant that my privacy is basically gone. My brothers and sisters also called, telling me to be careful and asked if Russell was doing anything about it.

I told them all the same thing. “Russell knows already and he’s dealing with it the best he can. All I can do right now is stay out of the public eye for a few days, only going out when I need to. So far, they only know my name.”

The day before his flight, he came over while I was studying. Mike, who was over visiting, let him in. I was on the couch, buried in my textbook taking notes.

“Hey, break time little lady,” Russ snatched my book away. I looked up at him and pouted.

“Ehh! And I was on a roll. The topic just started to sound interesting.”

He looked at the book cover as he sat down next to me. “International Businesses and Accounting: Concepts and Application. I guess then, if that’s what you’re in to.” He sets it on the table.

“Uh, duh. It is the field I’m trying to get into Russell,” I cross my arms. “So what’s up? Don’t you have packing to do?”

“Already done. Can’t I just come visit and see how you’re doing? I know that the past few days have been crazy and I can’t help but be concerned since you’re not used to this much publicity. I’ve also contacted your family to give them assurance that I have everything under control and that I’m watching out for you,” he tells me.

“You didn’t have to do that Russ. And as I told you multiple times, I’m dealing with things just fine,” I smile at him in assurance.

“You sure? I don’t want to leave you for the next few days knowing that you’re not.”

“Russell, trust me. I’m fine, and I’ll be fine while you’re gone. Please don’t worry about me too much. I don’t want to be that type of girl that is too dependent on the other person. I also don’t want to be portrayed that way in the papers.”