Eight

This girl got a new phone today and I'm so happy! So here's another chapter!

There are no words to explain how gorgeous Seattle at night is. The view is just phenomenal and breathtaking. For a first date, this definitely makes number one on my list.

“Enjoying the view?” I turn to look behind me to see Russell holding two glasses of wine in his hands. He hands me one and I turn back to look at the city.

Russ took me to have dinner at the Sky City restaurant in the Space Needle. We talked about anything that came to mind. I also asked him some questions to find out more about him, anything that I couldn’t find online. After our meal, we went to the observation deck, where there were very few people around. A few recognized Russell, and being the nice guy that he is, he signed autographs and took pictures. He looked at me apologetic, but I urged him that it was ok. I went out to enjoy the view while I waited for him to finish. It was then when he came out with drinks.

“I’ve seen Seattle so many times and have fallen in love with the city. But seeing it like this is beautiful. The lights are so dazzling, I could literally just watching the view all night,” I smile.

“Seattle is pretty amazing. It’s one of the reasons I’m so thankful that I was chosen to play for this team. This city feels like home,” I sense him right behind me.

A cold breeze comes by, and I shiver. I sense a stereotypical moment coming, and it does. A few seconds after I shivered, I feel Russell drape his suit coat over my shoulders. I look up at him and smile.

“That is such a stereotypical move,” I giggle.

He also laughs when he realizes what he just did. “That’s very true, but it’s still a gentlemanly thing to do. I won’t let you suffer in the cold.”

“Thank you. Tonight was awesome. I enjoyed myself,” I told him.

“I’m glad you did. And thank you,” he said.

I looked at him, confused. Why would he be thanking me? Did I just do something?

“For giving me a chance,” he clarifies. And just like that, my heart melts. He takes his free hand and holds mine. I swear his hands are so big that they literally engulf my tiny ones.

For the next twenty minutes or so, we stand out there, sipping our drinks and just enjoying each other’s company.  We didn’t have to say a word, the silence was comfortable. When we decided it was time to go, the place was just about to close. The drive back to my apartment was nice. Instead of dropping me off at the elevator like he did earlier, Russell actually walked me to the door.

“Again, thanks for tonight. It was a magical, and wonderful first date,” I said.

“I’m glad you think that. And I hope it will be the first of many?” he hints, a hopeful look in his eye.

I ponder at the thought. “I think it can be arranged.”

He smiles that cute smile that makes my heart skip a beat and he leans in to kiss me on the cheek. He then hugs me and I hug him back, holding on to him for a little while.

“Ahem.”

Russ and I jump back from each other to see my sister and her fiancé standing there looking at us, a teasing glint in their eyes. Oh geez, I feel it coming.

“Uh, hi.” It’s all I could say right now. I feel all the heat rushing to my face, and it’s a good thing that no one could tell if I’m blushing or not.