Fifteen

Weeks have passed since that visit to the hospital. Russell and I have been spending more time with each other every chance we got. If it wasn't my place we'd be at, then it would be his. He's slept over a few times, still with a pillow barricade. Dani laughed at us, but I thought it was sweet that it was his way of saying that he was waiting.

On Halloween, he had a party at his house. Most of the team was there and he also invited some of my friends. Funny thing is, he dressed in slacks and a button up with a tie. I've got to say, he looked pretty damn good when cleaned up. When I asked what he was, he said he was a businessman. I, on the other hand, dressed up as a Sea-gal. I had on navy short-shorts, and a green and blue crop top. I ironed on a number 3 on the back and carried around pom-poms that was the teams' colors. It was ironic how we dressed up in something that had to do with the other's profession.

It obviously didn't escape the guys' eye when they saw us. They sure did love to tease, but I had some stuff on them as well. Their girlfriends/wives helped me by telling me some stuff to get back at them for all the teasing. Thanks to them, I got the boys to shut up for the remainder of the night.

During the times he was away for games, he'd given me a key to his house to go and check up on. I'd walk his dogs and feed them, and I've got to say, they are the two most adorable things ever!

One time when I was house-sitting, and dog-sitting, I stayed longer than usual since I decided to do my homework at Russell's. I ended up passing out on his couch, with the dogs at my feet. I don't know how long I slept, but I was woken up by one of the dogs licking my face.

"Ugh, hey," I giggle. "Okay, I'm up. Stop now. You hungry boy?" I pet the dog. Oh, why did Russell have to own Great Danes?

He barked, and just then, my stomach growled. I laughed while I was petting his ears. "Well, I guess I just have to go get food for us, don't I?"

I check the time, seeing that it's almost six in the evening. I knew Russell was coming in later tonight, so I'd be gone by the time he gets home. I stand and stretch, turning to walk to the kitchen. I push the swinging door open that leads to the kitchen, and when I see someone else here in the house with me, I yell and jump back.

"Oh my gosh!" I yell as I bring my hand up to my heart to help calm it down.

Russell looks up from behind the stove and smiles. "Well look who's up. I guess my babies did their job and woke you up right on time."

I look at him, surprised that he's here, early. "What? When?" I look at the time again, still confused.

He turns the heat down and walks over to me. "I came in about two hours ago. We got an earlier flight, and I wanted to surprise you, knowing you'd still be here. But when I got home, you were passed out on the couch. And it looked like the extra company kept you warm," he smiled down at me.

I look over at the dogs who are now eating their dinner. I can't help but grin at them. "Well they are pretty comfortable to sleep with. They are just too sweet." I then go in to hug Russ. "Welcome home, and sorry about the loss. You guys did great though. It was a good game."

I felt him hug me back. "Thanks. And we played against a really good team."

"Well, whatever you did wrong in this game, you will learn from it so you won't do it again next time," I assured him. I pull back and look over at the stove, feeling my stomach ready to rumble again. "So what are you making?"

"Beef stew. You hungry?" It was just then my stomach decided to growl, loud. I looked up at him, a sheepish look on my face as he chuckles. "I guess that's a yes. Go sit. Dinner is just about ready."