Twenty

No words can describe a Saturday night out with the girls. Let’s just say, it’s not fun waking up with a hangover on a Sunday morning. I slowly open my eyes, trying to ignore the pounding headache, and see that all four of us decided to crash in my room. How on earth did we get here?

I sit up, and soon feel nauseous. I bound to the bathroom, dry heaving. I hear the girls also get up, but they don’t sound as sick as I’m feeling right now. I walk out, holding my stomach, and fall back on my bed.

“You okay girl?” Alexa asks. I look over and see that she’s holding her head.

“Just peachy,” I say. “And you?”

“Just a slight headache. Nothing some food, water, and Advil can’t fix.”

“I feel just fine,” Courtney says.

“You didn’t have a lot to drink,” Dani says as she gets up slowly. “I’ll get you some water Mel, you’re dehydrated.” Courtney follows to help her.

I look over to Alexa and smile. “Last night was fun.”

She chuckles. “Yes it was. You are crazy when you’re drunk. I didn’t think anyone could shut you up last night.”

“Sorry,” I giggle. “I don’t usually overdo it, but I guess it was because I wanted to let go and have fun with you guys since we hardly get to hang out.”

Dani comes back with a glass and an Advil. I take them and tell them I’ll sleep the rest of the sickness off. The three nod and walk out to the living room as I go back to sleep.

When I wake up, I see that it’s already past two in the afternoon. I hear the muffled laughter of my friends and wonder what they’re up to. Still feeling a bit sluggish, I decide to shower and refresh myself up. After changing into yoga pants and a tank, I check my phone to see if I had any messages from Russell. Oddly enough, there weren’t. I texted him before I went out to hang with my friends.

Before I round the corner, I hear Courtney and Alexa laughing. When I come into view, I see them on the couch, and Dani sitting with Mike on the other. I wave at them as I go to the kitchen.

“Feeling better?” Dani asks.

“Much. I think I need some food in my system,” I say as I search through the fridge.

“Oh, sorry that there isn’t food left over from lunch. Mike brought some take out and we kind of finished it all,” Courtney tells me.

“That’s fine guys. I’ll just call in some pizza.” I pick up the phone, looking for one of our many take-out menus in our drawers.

“Actually, we called in for some food,” Mike smiled. “Should be here any minute now,” he says as he looked at his watch. The girls smile, but I can’t make out why they look like that. I smile back in gratefulness, thanking Mike.