Kabanata 32

Forest's POV

"How's the talk with him?"

"Talk?" I sneered, plopping my sore body down the kitchen stool. "More like a lecture for 5 minutes but felt like centuries."

"Ikaw naman, na-miss ka lang nung tao." She handed me a glass filled with red liquid, suppressing a laugh.

"I'm already worn out for the entire day, gano'ng klaseng usapan pa 'yung bubungad sa'kin. Ugh. Spare me." I gulped the wine in one go. I haven't even eaten yet, yet this has helped me calm my nerves.

"Want to hear the good news?"

"What now?" I huffed, expecting something better. 

"He's coming back. Good for you!" 

"Say what?!" Napaangat ako ng tingin, foreseeing my nightmare. 

With his endless and demanding phone calls, I can still manage. Pero itong makikita ko na naman siya without the presence of our auntie? Oh, bury me in hell!

"Sabi niya, 'di ba? Pero wala pang exact day," she muttered as she diced the wretched apple.

I sighed, both relieved and horrified. I'm not ready to deal with him, at least not yet.

Realizing what she's been doing, my brows furrowed noticing her unusual behavior.  "Since when did you learn how to properly cut fruits?"

A smirk slowly formed on her lips, raising the knife. "I was born to slice, sis."

Nagkatitigan kami bago natawa. She has this habit of flexing her newfound talent whenever she gets the chance. She won't ever stop, not until she grows tired of it.

Pareho kaming napatalon nang kumalabog 'yung pinto sa living room. I could hear the heavy breathing and hurried footsteps heading towards us.

Our youngest barged in, furious, along with her unkempt clothing. No words were needed to describe how horrendous she looked.

"Damn. Were you wildin'?" Storm broke the silence and narrowed her eyes all over the latter's disheveled state. "Cause those scratches on your neck say it all."

Scarlett snatched her glass in an instant. "I'm not like you."

Nagkatinginan kami ni Storm. This is her typical behavior, but she appears to be hitting 40 degrees with that attitude.

"Everything alright?" I asked nonchalantly. It's not even a minute since she got here, nakakatatlong baso na siya ng alak. Ayaw niya nga kaming tingnan man lang.