(26)~chivalry

After what Louis told me, I made it clear to Aaron that he should stay away from me and he's been doing exactly that. The fact that I wasn't as pissed as I expected surprised me, my only problem was that I almost fell for him.

Since these past days the thought of being with Aaron or just anything with him has been reduced to zero on a scale one to ten. Trevon and I have been building our relationship and I like the future of this.

Recently there was trial for the man who almost kidnapped us at the ball, he was also found guilty with attempted murder and arson, so I guess that dictated to the media that Aaron and I should be off the hook.

Buzzfeed magazine requested an interview, obviously it wasn't going to be easy for them to lay off. They would do anything to keep the story alive even if it means making up the story.

The interview is today after school, we probably have to miss our last hour class which I'm fine with. For now let me get ready because Trevon will be here in fifteen minutes. After much back and forth argument between Cindy and Trevon, she let him join in our drive schedule. This means Trevon will drive me to school Mondays and Thursdays while Cindy and I take the other days in the week to switch.

I decided to skip breakfast today and get some at school if I later feel like because for the past few days I have been missing breakfast and sometimes lunch. There's nothing wrong with me and nothing has triggered me to abstain from food but I have been feeling anxious.

A text pops up, indicating that he's here.

I grab my bag and the bottle of lime water on the counter. The door opens and he walks in, "hey baby" he carries my bag and kisses my forehead, "hey" I kiss his lips before we leave for the car.

The ride was quick, I was catching Trevon up on the messages that were coming in the groupchat. So Aarington has something to tell us and Aaron has been hanging out with Sofia, yes the Sofia that spread the rumor that I was pregnant.

We arrive at school early because he likes getting to school before time in case something comes up to get done before class but Cindy and I like the adrenaline rush of coming late and running to our classes.

As we walk down the school halls, some eyes warily look at us, it's like they are all trying to avoid staring, which is obvious but I can already see what's going on on their phones, the texts and the name calling. Some people aren't looking that's for sure

Well this is not some high school musical so the reason why all this is going on is because of Simon. When I said I wasn't ready, this is what I meant, the slut shaming because I moved on pretty fast and Simon is still single. If he was the one in my shoes, everyone would have been happy for him but because he's a guy, he's allowed to fuck around and enjoy his single self while I get snarky comments either way.

The way people in our school romanticize my ex-relationship like it was all blossoms and flowers. It was full of downs but people chose to not notice, they just wanted a glorious perfect relationship among two teens like them to show as example, so when it didn't work out as planned, people who were obsessed with it just couldn't get over the fact that I needed to be free from the shackles of Simon. They made rumors and called me all sorts of names among themselves but I learnt to live with it because they had been doing it even during the relationship.

It's like Trevon noticed how I lost all attention to my surroundings, "just ignore them" he rubbed my shoulders and we walked to his locker.

Speaking of the devil, I see Simon walking towards where I am standing so I look down on my phone to avoid meeting his eyes.

"This pair did not fail to disappoint-" he licked his lips while looking between us "I knew you always had a thing for my girl". I feel Trev tense up beside, "back the fuck up Simon and do not call her that, she doesn't own you anything" Simon ignored him and turned to face me, "Grace the least you could have done is to not have gotten a downgrade" for the purpose of being on school ground, I resist punching him.