chapter twenty-seven.

"Your so stubborn, aren't ya' kitty?"

Ni-ki heaved a sigh of frustration, leaning back in the railings of the balcony with his elbows supporting him from the back. By this time, he knew that this was one of the worst days he has ever had, considering that two of the persons he cares about got hurt physically and mentally. The boy turned his head to Saeyoung, who was right beside him looking down. Taking a deep breathe, he chose to question the girl calmly this time, hoping she would answer.  "Why were you crying?

He had hoped for an answer, the whole time he was talking Saeyoung simply chose to stay silent and didn't even dare looking him at the eyes, Ni-ki felt that she was avoiding it. She was avoiding him.  "Kitty, why are you─"

"It's none of you're business."  she answered,  staring at the bright moon above.

It has been an hour and half since she last saw Soul and Nina. After what happened back at the rooftop, Saeyoung got mixed feelings. She didn't know whether she should stay proud and happy or mad and distant, in this case, she was confused as hell. Saeyoung likes Ni-ki, and she can't deny that but, she also can't avoid the fact that she's starting to lean in to Soul as well. So basically, she was already experiencing what it feels like to be in Ni-ki's shoes. But Saeyoung's side was a tad bit different.

Soul was already aware that Saeyoung likes Ni-ki, she even rejected him─in a nice way of course! And whenever Soul and Saeyoung would be given the time to hang-out, she would usually remind him that she likes Adroit's Dance Team's Captain. But for Soul's case, he lowkey kept on going for the girl because he knows that Ni-ki is practically taking on two girls at once─a love triangle, or so they say. Soul couldn't just sit aside to see a brokenhearted Saeyoung, especially when Ni-ki would go after Takara.

"You're being unfair Saeyoung! Whenever you'd have a problem, Soul is here! Soul is there! You will always come to Soul's arms! Think about me, Saeyoung! I'm here for you too, so don't fucking ran away!"  he chided. His voice tone was quite off, it was deep and scary making shivers go up her spine. His eyes filled with disappointment and anger, as she could feel burning holes forming, the longer he stares.

"Speak up Saeyoung..." she told herself. There is no way Ni-ki would get mad at her for being unfair after what he did. He isn't the only victim here. By the thinking of it, Saeyoung held a tight grip on the railings, her eyes forced shut. She didn't want to hold back anymore.

Ni-ki scoffed.  "You know if you aren't going to talk to me then so be it, it's worthless talking to someone who won't even answer." turning back, he swiftly grabs his backpack, swinging it across his shoulder and started to walk away. He tried his best to communicate with her but she did nothing but stay silent, it annoyed him. And if nothing is going to come out of her mouth, he'd rather walk away and do something else. Talking to himself is just a waste of time.

"Douchebag..." she muttered.

Stopping from his tracks, Ni-ki's lips parted at the sudden choice of word. He dropped his bag and immediately turned the other way, heading forth to Saeyoung. The feeling of anger suddenly changed, his heart dropped. He felt like he was backstabbed, the girl he likes just spoke out a simple word and it already hurt as hell.

"E-Excuse me? M-Mind saying that out loud?"

Saeyoung balled her fist.  "Douchebag. You insensitive and stupid douchebag!" she pushed him backwards, tears started crawling out of her eyes again. Ni-ki was shock at the girl's actions.  "You think I'm unfair? You better take a look at yourself if you're actually doing any better than I am! You player!"  speechless, all Ni-ki could do was watch her. The more she spoke, the more hurtful her words got.  "I'm done! I don't want to play games anymore Ni-ki! You don't know how much I like you but I don't know if I should anymore. You would always come back to Takara whenever I'm gone and I would always turn out jealous─"

She got cutt off from her words, her eyes widened at the action, Ni-ki did next. He straight up kissed her. Oh how he longed for this moment, to feel those soft lips of hers on his. Saeyoung was stuck frozen at her position, her heart pounding as fast as it normal would. Unexpectedly, he grabbed her waist and pulled her even closer. Ni-ki continued to give her gentle kisses on the lips, still waiting for a response. And as much as she wanted to, Saeyoung couldn't, it didn't seem to be right for her.

This is wrong.

Saeyoung pushed Ni-ki away and she turned around, her back facing him. Ni-ki couldn't understand, he was confused. He was already touched to hear that Saeyoung liked him too but she rejected his kiss. She pushed him away. She didn't respond to him, and that made his heart ache.

"Saeyoung. Why─"

"You were always like this."

"I'm sorry, like what?"

The girl sighed. She didn't belive that the boy was this clueless and oblivious.  "Whenever we had a problem with each other, you would always find ways to make it up to me. For me to finally accept you and you're apology. But sadly, this only happens whenever you get angry at me for being with Soul, whenever I tried to avoid you and keep myself out of reach from you once I see you with Takara. Or anything else that made me act like you were invisible to me. "

It was true, all these things that Ni-ki did just to get her attention and spend time with him, all of this wouldn't have happened if neither of them felt the feeling of jealousy. If Saeyoung had never felt jealous to Takara, like Ni-ki was to Soul, where will they be now? Would they still watch movies in Netflix on a tree house together? Would they have kissed? Would Ni-ki still plan to message her after spending a whole day with Takara?

It's only right if the two would justify their true feelings about each other. Because if their feelings aren't true, then why are they still here?

"Ni-ki tell me. What did you mean when you told me like me? What meaning was like? Do you have feelings for me? Or you just like or admired me as a friend?"  she questioned. All she wanted was a truthful answer, so that she could finally stop this nonsense. She didn't want to feel stupid and actually misunderstand the word 'like' as if he really did have feelings for her. Does he?

"Roh Saeyoung, I really do like you. I like you with all I am! You know that." he said with confidence. His reply somehow made the girl feel a bit better than before, but it wasn't a good enough answer.

Saeyoung turned to the boy.  "But you like Takara as well. Deny it or not."  Saeyoung gave him a small smile, she took her phone and quickly sent a text to someone.  "I want this to end, Ni-ki. You're not only hurting and playing with one person's feelings but two! You're playing with two. So please don't make this any harder for me and Takara. Just choose one of us."

She was right. He has no right to play with their feelings, he really liked them both but to prevent hurting the both them again, he now had to choose one. This can't keep on going forever.

As Ni-ki was lost in his thoughts, Saeyoung picked up her bag and took this chance to leave and let him think. She sighed before saying one last thing.  "Me and Takara will give you up to five days to decide. So you have until Saturday, to choose. And once you have decided, immediately inform me and Takara, I already texted her about it."  Saeyoung bowed, now leaving the boy.

No matter who Ni-ki chooses, Saeyoung can't do anything but to respect his decision.

Nishimura Riki, be happy.

______________________________________

I can already see a battlefield in the comments section. LMAO

Reading you're comments already brightens up my mood so please don't stop! I always find myself entertained as I read my reader's comments, especially the ones who's already plotting a murder- I just find it funny.

Thank you for brightening up my day! Stay tuned for the next chapter everyone ;)

P. S sorry for some typos! I'm actually on an automatic keyboard, and I felt like this chapter was rushed, if so then I'm so sorry! Please tell me if you think that it is rushed or anything :)