Mannequin

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Yeosang..."

His head raises from his bolster, turning to the door. "Yes, mom?"

"May I come in?" The woman smiles warmly, soothing Yeosang's heated heart. Yeosang nods without hesitation and sits up to wait for the mother to close the door. "How was school today, love?"

Yeosang shifts to lean against the headboard. "Great. Started off with gym first period. My teachers were nice."

"Did you make friends?" His mother blinks in concern. Yeosang caresses his blankets with downcast eyes.

"Not today, I guess."

As expected, Yeosang's mom exhales from his answer. "My friend's daughter is your schoolmate, you know. I've just found out today. You should let her accompany you around the school while you look for your own friends." Gentle fingers stroked his dark silky locks, granting him immediate comfort.

"No need, I'll be able to find some in a couple of days." Yeosang shyly smiles under his mother's delicate touch. Something that stimulates his soft side and cleanses all the anger he felt earlier that day.

Shall I tell her about who I met? How would her reaction be? It's impossible, if Yunho doesn't remember me, then it isn't him.

Same name, same smile, same vibe, everything that describes the boy you once ruined his life.

"Son, are you zoning out?" Yeosang looks at the way his mother sheepishly giggles. "Did you find someone eye-catching today?"

"That isn't necessary!" He dodges his mother's hand, sulking. "You barely talk about these things, why did you suddenly bring that up?"

"Because I barely ask you is why I always assume I don't know my own son." His mother engulfs Yeosang's larger hands in hers. "I'm the reason we're living in this type of house. We left Pohang because of me. We were dumped from England because of me. I could never forgive myself, Yeosang."

"Mom, you're overthinking again. You've worked hard today, get some sleep." Yeosang brings his mother's hand to his lips, pecking it. "Don't involve our hardship in our happiness. My life right now is with you and you only."

The middle-aged mother nods repeatedly. "My son..." She pets her single son with tender. "I can't wait for the moment you've found me a replacement in your life. Who'll take care of you, love you more than I do."

"Please stop." A painful frown forms on Yeosang's face. "Mom, you're irreplaceable. And I will never take back what I said. Come on, let's get to bed."

The youth takes his mother by the hands and escorts her to the bedroom. Soon after their goodnight kisses and hugs, Yeosang glances at his mother's fatigued figure on her bed one last time before he switches off the light. On the way to his room, he didn't forget to check all doors and windows.