Ward

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"And we're done for the day."

Jongho folds his apron and tucks it into the same drawer Yeosang put his one in. It's their final shift for the day and the month, it will only be a matter of time before they receive their pay. Jongho flicks off the lights of the drink stall and walks with Yeosang out of the bowling alley. Not long after, the two receive the same notification.

"That was quick." Jongho smiles looking at the amount of money transferred to his account. "Our manager happens to be a bit generous this month, don't you think?"

"Agree. Wanna grab a drink? It's on me." Yeosang offers.

"On who?" Jongho gleefully smirks, making Yeosang roll his eyes. "I'm just playing with ya. It's on me this time, hyung. Cmon."

The two friends stop by a cafe and get their drinks ordered, before settling down on a small table. They are busy pondering on what to spend on with the salary they earned. As for Yeosang, he has been making and sorting out budgets for his and Yunho's date, but ever since Yunho's accident, he crosses a lot on his list. He suddenly remembers the night of his argument with his father when he came over.

Yeosang softly taps on Jongho's arm, eager to share his muddled thoughts.

"You okay, hyung?"

"Jongho, my dad came over last night."

The younger's expressions change. "He did? What happened to you guys exactly? I know that you both parted ways but why?"

"Two months after you returned to Korea, my mum got fired and my parents started arguing. At first it wasn't so bad, but when my mum realized how difficult it had been for her to get a new job, the fight gradually escalated. My dad was under a lot of pressure and one day he decided that me and my mum were a burden to him. He wanted to get rid of us by filing divorce papers.

My mum obviously begged him to talk out of it, to no avail. She strongly disagrees with the divorce and insists to settle the matter in court. I was aware that she had no money, and dad had a line of lawyers through his diverse connections, so there was no way my mum would win the case.

I did something that day that made my dad hate me to death. I was ten at the time it happened. I remember going out in the middle of the night and puncturing the tyres of dad's car so they couldn't drive to court the next day. I also opened my dad's briefcase and burned the divorce papers with a match. I did all those because I knew that without dad, me and mum will be left with nothing.

I made the situation worse. That morning, the proceeding ceased to happen. Dad kicked us both out with our passports in the rain, demanding us to leave. He paid for our flight tickets back to Seoul so we could start a new life here without him. We had no choice and flew home the same night."

"So, how did he know you guys are here? And when did he come back?"

"Believe me, I have no idea. What I'm totally confused about right now is, why is mum talking to him? And since when? What are they up to?"