Birthday

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Birthday kiss for Yunho, coming through!"

A pair of hands clutch the sides of Yunho's shoulder and a big smooch smack his cheek. Yunho giggles at his best friend's flawless attempt. "You're the first, Mingi."

"Oh am I?" The kisser wraps one arm around Yunho's shoulder. "It's my turn to brag to San. In a span of the next seventeen hours, you're willing to have your cheeks blemished with lipsticks."

"I don't let everyone kiss my cheeks. Did you text Wooyoung about the sodas?"

"All prepared. Seonghwa hyung will send the boxes at six." Mingi gains a quiet pause from Yunho, an obvious pause when he has something circling in his mind. "Why the sudden silence?"

Some wild cupid must've struck Yunho's heart, Mingi could identify that shy naughty smile curled on Yunho's lips. "It's been five years since we've had this birthday kiss among the boys."

"So you're gonna permit girls to kiss you?"

"Never, duh." Yunho cautiously peers around as he lowers his volume. "I'll tell you, Mingi. We happen to be a little closer to Kang Yeosang. I sense a deep devotion."

Choking on his spit, Mingi trips on his heel before Yunho could catch him. "Elaborate."

"Yeosang is in our friend group, he's a part of us now, see? He can kiss me."

Yunho speaks so frankly Mingi denies his sanity. "Dude. Pecking on your cheek doesn't mean it's homo, to us. But Yeosang... He's like a sacred son, on his knees at a church every Sunday. You wanna make that boy kiss you?"

Yunho snorts out loud. "You haven't known him for long. He could be a lot more dirty-minded than you, Mingi. Besides..." Again, Yunho's voice deepens. "I'm intrigued by how his lips would taste. If you take a good look at it, they're captivating. Do you think he's constantly applying lip balms to maintain that glossy colour?" Yunho does an involuntary bite on his lip.

"It's like kissing a priest," Mingi murmurs to himself. It's a happenstance that the spoken one appears from a junction not so far away. "Ah, speaking of the devil..." The two of them stares at a petite male reading the papers in his hands, walking nearer. "Eyes on his lips."

Rather than cross passing, Yunho stops the boy's tracks with a "Hey, Yeosang."

"Hey, guys." Yeosang greets.

Mingi clears his throat, mouthing 'birthday' to Yeosang without Yunho's notice. Yeosang instantly catches the gesture.

"Oh yes of course. Happy Birthday, Yunho." Yeosang flashes Yunho a kitten smile that stretches to his fangs. One smile is all it takes to make Yunho's heart pound. "I haven't prepared anything as a gift for now, so I'll-."

"Aish, gifts are a no need. As long as you come to my party tonight." Yunho looks down at the stapled papers. "What are those?"

Yeosang taps the edges of the papers on his chest. "Names. For study groups. They've sorted out the tutors."