Scarred

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Right after he tied his shoelaces, Yeosang checks his phone for the hundredth time that morning for Yunho's good morning text that he would receive every single day, but Yunho hasn't even been online since last night. As always, he wouldn't be the one to make the first move in greeting him.

He probably overslept.

Yeosang stares at the chat for a while, concerned and overthinking, subsequently looking at the bungalow across the neighbourhood. Yunho's house appears unusually empty. His father's car is gone and the gate is locked. Yeosang chooses to not waste time and hurries for school ensuring that he'll see his boyfriend there soon.

As soon as he arrives, stacked his books in his locker for the new week, the boy rushes to his classroom first and does his regular study while more and more kids enter the room. Whenever he looks up when the door opens, his stomach would churn if the person who comes in might be Yunho.

Yeosang nibbles his lip anxiously once he realizes none of his friends appears and tries to call Wooyoung, who later answered him with heavy breathing.

"Young-ah, where are you?"

"Yeosang, you didn't know?" Wooyoung sounded exhausted, but the way he shrieks into the phone tells Yeosang that something serious must've occurred.

"Where are you guys? What happened-"

"Yunho got into an accident last night."

His body froze.

"He lost control of his bike and tripped over a curb which led to him crashing into a lamppost. The bike and his bag were all crushed but Yunho made it when they found him there. People are guessing he was on his way from Seoul, and that's that." Wooyoung ends there.

Yeosang couldn't move a muscle. That same guilty lump on his throat pushes deeper into his guts as he recalls the small fight they had that night. He remembers the determination in Yunho's eyes to look for that ring just before Yunho left. Yeosang wanted to burn that horrific tongue of his when he screamed those words at him.

All because of that useless ring.

"We're on our way to the hospital," Wooyoung informs him. "I'll text you the address. Ditch school and come see your boyfriend here, damn it!"

As soon as their call ended, Yeosang shoves his books in his bag and leaves the class in sync with the bell.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇