Chapter 28: The fall of Aichi

3rd POV:

Everyone in the Verdant group was scrambling around upon the orders that Izuku had given out. A total of 15 separate advanced units would be sent out in addition to massive amounts of clones of those advanced units within Aichi. The overall defense line that they had between the prefectures of Aichi and Verdant controlled Mie had started their assault on the defensive line that the government had while reinforcement was being supplied from multiple different bases across the organization. Each base always kept 3 advanced units on hand prepared for combat at any moments notice which allowed for the rapid response and support of the attack. As such, they were able to rebuild the defensive line they had in the Prefecture of Mie quickly in the event the quick-response assault without any real pre-planning being made failed. 

While all of this was going on, Izuku and his Verdant Guards all appeared in a command post stationed in Mie that was about 5 minutes away from the defense line. You could hear the sirens going off that were ordering every civilian to retreat from the combat zone as large explosions ripped across the battlefield. Izuku was quickly gaining information on where all of their forces and enemy forces were currently located at. "I WANT THE CLONES ON THE NAVY SHIPS PREPARED TO STOP ANY ATTACKS FROM THEM AND TO SINK AS MANY SHIPS AS POSSIBLE IF THEY DECIDED TO BOMB OUR MAIN TROOPS IN AICHI!" Izuku yelled as he was moving back and he knew he heard someone confirm his order and relay it to the communications device they had with a few of the clones on the ship. Within minutes of the attack starting between the two forces on the defensive line, the news broke of the battle as everyone was wondering why the battle started in only Aichi and not the rest of the defense line which Verdant had done in the south defense line.

Izuku ignored the media as he focused on the information flowing in from the bug users. They actually never bring the actual bug user out of the main hidden base since she was so valuable for the organization and overall war front. It was similar to the teleportation gate user as the main individual never left the base either. They always had 4 advanced teams with them as well since they were extremely valuable to the organization and war effort but now we are diverging from the war. Now as we switch back to the Izuku's clone position you could see a smile on the fake Izuku's face as he could hear the explosions go off. Everyone else was confused about what was going on until Izuku broke out into laughter. "Oh god! I really can't believe you sacrificed Aichi to try to kill me!" said the fake Izuku which confused them all until they all realized what was going on. The Verdant group had mobilized their forces as they heard requests for reinforcement to arrive at the border of Aichi and Mie but no one was going to arrive in time as the attack was so sudden and overwhelming. 

Some heroes said that the Verdant Organization would break down without him so they would win in the end since they have him captured in a few moments which just made Izuku laugh even more. "IDIOTS! I AM A FAKE! I AM A CLONE, YOU IDIOTS! DID YOU HONESTLY THINK WE DIDN'T NOTICE DEATHARMS SPYING ON THIS LOCATION! THE MOMENT WE NOTICED HIM WE CHANGED THE REAL ME OUT FOR A FAKE TO FINISH OUT THE JOB HERE SO ALL YOU DID WAS WASTE RESOURCES ON FAKE CLONES!" Yelled out the fake Izuku as he laughed and soon a gun went off as a bullet went off right into his head as he dropped down and after a few seconds he dissolved into nothing. Everyone cursed as they truly had been tricked and would likely lose an entire Prefecture over this. The entire group soon headed towards the battle line but before they reached it they received orders to retreat to the border between Shizuoka and Aichi to set up a new defense line as the Verdant group had successfully broken though and would soon take full control of the prefecture. 

As they retreated, Best Jeanist wondered what happened to LeMillon and if he was truly dead or not. However, he knew one thing is that All Might was going to be devastated since Best Jeanist had learned that the boy was the protege of the man. However, that should be the least of their concerns since the Verdant group was only taking more and more control of Japan without the government nor heroes knowing about it as with the fall of Aichi to the Verdant group cemented their control of over 50% of the country underworld as Japan had 47 prefectures total with 25 prefectures being under their control. Of the 25, there are 13 of them being now under public control once they finish in Aichi which was about 27% of Japan being publicly controlled by Verdant.