Chapter 41: Reunion

Red spheres emerged slowly without any sense of precautious as they used to possess the moment he woke up to the coldness of fabric being brushed onto his head. Once his eyes had captured the image above him, he let out a noiseless yelp and slapped the very person's away from his face before digging his head further into his pillow.

"Will you stop harassing me while I was asleep!?"

"And will you stop complaining? I was the one who had been assigned to bathe you."

"I can take my shower now! Go away!"

"That, I cannot do." Lucas watched his acquaintance pick up the cloth from the floor and place it in the bowl with liquid inside.

"That sounds so wrong now that you didn't deny it." He groaned before sitting up, resting his back against the pillow instead. He ran his fingers through his drenched midnight locks, and it left him with bewilderment. "Give me that towel..."

"You were talking to yourself in your sleep," Ejekiel said while handing the towel to his friend. "Unpleasant dream?"

"Not exactly a bad dream, but I don't usually wake up sweating like this."

"So that did happen before?"

"It's been a while now since I found— Nevermind." He shrugged it off. "What did I say, though?"

"I am not quite sure. But if I have to guess, it sounded like you were trying to pronounce a name."

"Name? Whose?"

Ejekiel shook his head as a response, and Lucas could only try to salvage what he evoked when an abnormal pain struck unexpectedly, making him whine and clutched his head.

"Do you want me to go and get the doctor?"

"...It's fine. But this is the first time I have this effect... after a dream."

"Perhaps it was not because of the dream. You slept through the entire afternoon, and it is a bit later in the evening time now. It could be because of that."

He blinked a few times before adjusting his gaze to the clock. Since it was too dim to tell, he instead looked out of the window. With the luxury of his new room, he was able to get a pale view of how Selene was soaring agilely in the premature stage of the night.

A gazer of the stars, he was, and he could not help but be drawn to her beauty and zoned out while staring at the moon.

Once in a while, when he needed his time alone the most, he would always go to the highest peak he could find and lay down, taking a clear view of the stars. He would let the breeze guide his trouble away. Sometimes he woke up to Eos' light in the early morning only to realize he had fallen asleep.

Loneliness was his most minor concern, but ever since he met her, he would love to wake up to someone beside him for once after spending the nocturnal time studying the celestial together. This gave him an idea, and he quickly noted it down, hoping she would fulfill his goal one day.

Taking his eyes off the view, he scanned the room, looking for his significant even though he was well aware that she was resting at this hour at her place. He was not exactly fond of the suggestion that she had to be far away from him and he couldn't go home with her, that he couldn't provide her the first-class protection he always did.

But a lot had happened recently.

Felix stated that if something were to happen, Ejekiel would provide Lucas some assistance. To let Ejekiel watch over him in the evening. Of course, He had to take it as an insult to his capability to deal with pests on his own. Both Felix and Ejekiel expected the answer well, so they would just ignore the guy and carry on their duties.